Million dollar watch snatched

"Restorative justice" is the new big thing these days. Be nice to a crim and he'll see the error of his ways and .... blah, blah, blah. Anytime you see an adjective preceding the word 'justice' you know a scam is afloat.
Meet and pray with type programs run by church groups are nothing new. My former neighbor took part in one with the kid that robbed him 20+ years ago. I was like a modified AA.

"Restorative justice" is the new big thing these days. Be nice to a crim and he'll see the error of his ways and .... blah, blah, blah. Anytime you see an adjective preceding the word 'justice' you know a scam is afloat.
We just recalled our District Attorney who is a big proponent of “Restorative Justice”. Public defenders become horrible DAs. The only reason he won his election in the first place was due to another bad idea called ranked choice voting.

How's that old saying go? Money can't buy good taste?
Either way it blows the dude got up ended and his watch stolen.

Meet and pray with type programs run by church groups are nothing new. My former neighbor took part in one with the kid that robbed him 20+ years ago. I was like a modified AA.
If it works then I'm all for it, I just didn't want to be reminded of the whole ordeal as it really shook me and family at the time knowing some thieves were running around our house at 1am while all five of us were asleep. They even went to my gf's daughter's bedroom next to the garage and shut her door to prevent the sound of the car waking her up. I don't think I could ever live in a house again knowing the risks unless it was truly a fort knox level security system. Buildings are just so much better from that perspective, especially as the car and the keys are separated by keys, cameras and several swipe card access points, for the couple of months I stayed at the old place I didn't get a single good night's sleep but now I can relax and not worry again.

I did tell the prison fellowship guy to pass on that I hope the kid gets high life together and makes something of himself, he was 17 when arrested and flipped on his buddies which is a good sign, if he gets booked again after he's 18 its adult jail and a no more slaps on the wrist.

Like 3
I am not religious but a world without any forgiveness and redemption is a tough gig…. Best to be a politician as a career choice.
Ref the Daytona tip off, my home City had a bad period of house burglaries in the early nineties driven by drug use. A few people / very close relatives got hit when sleeping. It was always a rush to improve security as the thieves would wait to let the insurance replace the goods…. And then hit then property again, so it was important to change it up asap. Having bad people in your home is very upsetting and tough to get over. Thankfully police + modern CCTV eventually got a handle on it / much better now.
Edited:

If it works then I'm all for it, I just didn't want to be reminded of the whole ordeal as it really shook me and family at the time knowing some thieves were running around our house at 1am while all five of us were asleep. They even went to my gf's daughter's bedroom next to the garage and shut her door to prevent the sound of the car waking her up. I don't think I could ever live in a house again knowing the risks unless it was truly a fort knox level security system. Buildings are just so much better from that perspective, especially as the car and the keys are separated by keys, cameras and several swipe card access points, for the couple of months I stayed at the old place I didn't get a single good night's sleep but now I can relax and not worry again.

I did tell the prison fellowship guy to pass on that I hope the kid gets high life together and makes something of himself, he was 17 when arrested and flipped on his buddies which is a good sign, if he gets booked again after he's 18 its adult jail and a no more slaps on the wrist.
It's currently not for everyone. I see how it could be a negative experience for someone trying to move on. My neighbor was religious so it was he wasn't gonna say no when a pastor called him up and asked him to do something. In his case the guy did end up staying out of trouble after he got out.

If it works then I'm all for it, I just didn't want to be reminded of the whole ordeal as it really shook me and family at the time knowing some thieves were running around our house at 1am while all five of us were asleep.

That would be REALLY creepy. With three 4-legged alarm systems roaming our house and yard 24 hours a day, at least we would receive fair warning.

Like 1