Forums Latest Members

Member since 2015, has done almost nil contributions, keeps posting watches for sale on Private Sale

1. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Jul 30, 2020

I’m not saying it’s okay nor do I have anything in writing for members that have that standing. I can only say that I have read other long standing members talk about this “grand fathered in” sentiment in other threads. I don’t know who the OP’s member in question is, but if your suspicion is correct (viper), I found that mint FS post along with the soon to follow thread for swapping mint bezels for a fake one, suspicious.

Edited Jul 30, 2020
  2. padders Oooo subtitles! Jul 30, 2020

If we are taking about there same sub 200 post then I share your concerns.

3. mayankyadav Jul 30, 2020

Active dialogue means intelligent and watch related dialogue or like I am doing right now ie any random dialogue ?

While I will probably never sell any watches as I don't have that many watches and will probably not have those many. But I may be buying.

4. sdre Jul 30, 2020

i will pm you.

padders likes this.
  5. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Jul 30, 2020

I joined the Forum in 2014, not long before the 200 posts rule came in. That rule was introduced at a time when I had a watch for sale in the private watch sales section and I had slightly less than 200 posts, and my ad was deleted by the mods.
    I contacted one of the mods and my FS post was quickly re-instated, I suspect that the mods hadn't intended for a blanket removal of FS posts from less than 200 posts members.
    My point is that if you were a member prior to the 200 post rules' introduction in 2015 then you have permission to sell regardless of your number of posts. And yes, prior to the "no exemption" ruling in 2018, it was for the mods to decide whether a member with less than 200 posts would be allowed to post in the FS section. I suspect that once the mods gave that permission, they would need a very good reason to revoke it

Taddyangle, Dan S and connieseamaster like this.
  6. padders Oooo subtitles! Jul 30, 2020

So does the no exemption ruling actually have exemptions then? What you say does make sense but either they are allowed or they are not I would suggest.

7. YY77 Jul 30, 2020

Looks to me only a mod can give the definitive answer.

8. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Jul 30, 2020

You must have misread my reply. I said "prior" to the No Exemption rule being introduced the mods would occasionally waive the 200 post requirement.

Taddyangle likes this.
  9. padders Oooo subtitles! Jul 30, 2020

I clearly did. I wrongly assumed you meant that there is still some wiggle room for long standing sub 200 participants. It was because you used the present tense in the comment 'My point is that if you were a member prior to the 200 post rules' introduction in 2015 then you have permission to sell regardless of your number of posts' but I am happy to be put right.

10. Pazzo Jul 30, 2020

11. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Jul 30, 2020

Keep it up, you'll be back to 43 in no time. :thumbsup:

12. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 30, 2020

Both changes only applied moving forwards, it didn't get retrospectively applied. I'm not going to enforce quotas and requirements for existing sellers to post because we spend enough time deleting "nice watch" spam by post farmers as it is and quality posts not quantity are what matter.

There is actually value in some of the long term sellers too in providing a market and keeping it healthy so I wouldn't go looking down on people who are dealers and have been here a while, the community does benefit from a rational market with lots of data points, examples to refer to when shopping around and choice.

sonicosa, JimJupiter, Kmart and 11 others like this.
  13. ConElPueblo Jul 30, 2020

But dealers should still post in the dealer's section, right? That's what has been communicated before.

jumpingsecond, Farmer, marco and 3 others like this.
  14. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 30, 2020

Agreed, and this guy certainly appears to qualify on volume alone, if nothing else.

marco and sdre like this.
  15. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 30, 2020

Please also understand that software controls who can post in a sales forum an who cannot. There is no way around it. If you see a post in sales, it is authorized.

If you show up here today and try to post in sales the programming WILL NOT LET YOU.

Yes that’s right, we have a file on everyone.

Don’t make me have tell you what Standy had for breakfast :D

khmt2, rob#1, smitty190373 and 12 others like this.
  16. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 30, 2020

Yes,

I see another light breakfast again today huh?

ChrisN, Eve, shishy and 3 others like this.
  17. nmttd2 Jul 30, 2020

I've been here 5 years and still dont have 200 posts. I just like to lurk...

Taddyangle, cicindela and Pazzo like this.
  18. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 30, 2020

That's cool, have you learned some interesting things, refined your preferences and taste in watches and enjoyed it?

Taddyangle and padders like this.
  19. harrymai86 Jul 31, 2020

Still cool but maybe just try a bit more to participate :p

20. cakey007 Jul 31, 2020

As someone with a very low post count( and will most likely continue to rise slowly as I won't post for the sake of it to gain access to the sales section) it can be a bit fustrating as I have had two older Omegas that I have sold elsewhere in the last year that I am sure would have been well received here, plus numerous other models due to a bit of a swap about and freeing up cash for some work on the house.
    As a relative newbie with regards to Omega in particular I am not sure what I'll be able to add to the forum but will do as and when I feel I have something worth saying :)

cicindela and janice&fred like this.