Master Chronometer accuracy and self-regulation

My PO 8900 started at +3 seconds per day no matter which position at rest. Was fully inline with the Test Results in Omegas Website. Amazingly precise. Settled down after a month to +3 PER WEEK! Phenomenal movement...

I have a question, OMEGA says that caliber 8900 has an accuracy of 0 to +5 seconds per day.. and nothing in all tests is mentioned in minus.. my PO 8900 is -0.5 seconds after three days which mindblowingly fantastic .. however, I just want to understand why it went to minus? Is that mentioned in any tests? Watch position affects but will it allow the watch to lose time?

Guys, don’t get me wrong.. I extremely love OMEGA.. this is just to understand it more and look deeply in its great engineering

The specification that says the watch should run from 0 to +5 seconds a day is an average rate - the average of all 6 positions that the watch is tested in. That does not mean that all of those positions will fall within 0 and +5, because the spread of readings across those positions (called the Delta) can be as much as 12 seconds. So some of the positions can be negative, and still have the average from 0 to +5.

Note that in the testing, it is assumed the watch spends equal time in all of the test positions. If your watch happens to spend a lot more time in a position that runs negative, then in real life it will skew the average towards the negative side. You can try storing your watch overnight in different positions to find out which are slower and faster, and then choose the position that helps keep the watch's rate more to your liking.

Cheers, Al

The specification that says the watch should run from 0 to +5 seconds a day is an average rate - the average of all 6 positions that the watch is tested in. That does not mean that all of those positions will fall within 0 and +5, because the spread of readings across those positions (called the Delta) can be as much as 12 seconds. So some of the positions can be negative, and still have the average from 0 to +5.

Note that in the testing, it is assumed the watch spends equal time in all of the test positions. If your watch happens to spend a lot more time in a position that runs negative, then in real life it will skew the average towards the negative side. You can try storing your watch overnight in different positions to find out which are slower and faster, and then choose the position that helps keep the watch's rate more to your liking.

Cheers, Al

Thank you Archer 😀