Forums Latest Members
  1. CoDiffe Jul 7, 2019

Hey all,

Just a quick question for all of you more experienced vintage Speedy owners. I may be going down a bit of a rabbit hole here as I probably pay more attention to this than most but my 69 Speedy is running a little over 10 sec. slow a day BUT that is if I lay the watch flat with dial facing upwards at night. If I turn the watch to it's side with crown in the air, the watch keeps almost perfect time and sometimes gains a few seconds. Just curious if this has happened to anyone else

I've done this with a few Rolex models but it seemed to work opposite. Laying the watch face up would gain a few seconds, laying the watch on it's side would lose some seconds.

Any others with similar experiences?

I'm attaching a picture of an old Rolex self regulating card as well so no one thinks I'm crazy ;)

Rolex_Regulating_Positions.jpg

DaveK, OWa and KingCrouchy like this.
  2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jul 7, 2019

If you do a site search you'll find plenty of others who have asked this question.

3. wsfarrell Jul 7, 2019

CoDiffe and BenBagbag like this.
  4. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jul 7, 2019

Sorry. I assume that a member with 53 posts knows how to use the search function. It's a shame that you feel the need to do everyone's work for them and belittle me in the process.

felsby likes this.
  5. CoDiffe Jul 7, 2019

6. CoDiffe Jul 7, 2019

I must be using the search feature incorrectly because I couldn’t find anything on the topic!