Forums Latest Members

Master Chronometer 8900 Losing Time

1. jxh57601206 Feb 27, 2020

So my planet ocean currently averaging -1 sec per day. I looked up this watch's test result it is +1.9 sec per day average under "AVERAGE DAILY CHRONOMETRIC PRECISION OF THE WATCH +1.9 sec/day"

resting position is crown up or escape valve up.

Will a technician at a boutique fix this? at least bring it within spec 0 to +5 sec per day.

2. OmegaOwner2019 Feb 27, 2020

You can always try to send it in if you have warranty, but I think most people will not recommend it.

The consensus is that METAS bench testing results may be a little different from your real world result, because you are not a immobile flat table.

Probably try experimenting with resting positions and find one that gains more time.

connieseamaster likes this.
  3. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Feb 27, 2020

This sort of discussion has been done to death. I suggest the OP does a forum search on METAS and ticks the "Search Titles Only" box.

4. Evitzee Feb 27, 2020

Try different positions overnight to see if you can nudge the rate into the plus category, but I wouldn't worry about a -1 sec/day rate. Everytime you have someone intervene on your watch you run the possibility of it coming back with other issues; scuffs, scratches, maybe worse timekeeping on your wrist. I'd leave it alone.

5. OmegaOwner2019 Feb 27, 2020

There is a possibility that, you send the watch to Omega, they test it on the bench and it is +2s/d, and they would send it back without doing anything.

It has happened before.

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 28, 2020

Please read this:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/tim...-understand-how-they-work.87293/#post-1128576

Chances are your watch is running within specs, so Omega would not likely adjust this under warranty.

Cheers, Al

7. JTridesbikes Feb 28, 2020

I have the 8500 AT and was having a similar issue where it was resting in the box, dial up and wasn't being worn very-often. I gave it a full wind and wore it all day for 5 days in a row (in the evening, it rested in the travel box, but crown side down) and it went from being +2-3 a day to +/-0 for a straight week thereafter.

I've read a good bit of these threads and a common consensus is that if you wear it most of the time and are able to identify it's ideal resting position, it will calm down and keep better time.

So that being said, try giving it a full wind, then wearing it A TON and keeping it at the SAME resting position for quite a few nights in a row. I've had the most success in the crown down position.

AT 8500.jpg
    ama98 likes this.
  8. OMEGuy Feb 28, 2020

Just curious, is this watch the identical watch that has abnormalities on the dial as well?