Forums Latest Members
  1. pjuk Feb 21, 2021

Hi all, I just joined the forum and I'm hoping someone might be able to give some advice.. its a bit of a random question! I've been checking out the forum for a while before I bought.. Ive just got a Seamaster 300m professional diver about 2 weeks ago, absolutely love it but I noticed something a bit odd today.
    On the dial at 12 o clock there's 2 markers - in the dark and when lumed (is that a word) the one on the right looks a bit darker compared to the other. I believe its applied by hand and its probably common to have it a little inconsistent in places but just curious to know if anyone else had a similar experience?

2. OmegaFan503 Feb 21, 2021

Have you tried fully charged the line and see if it makes a difference? It could be due to the angle of the sunlight on your wrist.

Try charging it with your cell phone light or with a UV light.

Here is what mine looks like when fully charged.

IMG_20210220_233641.jpg
  3. pjuk Feb 21, 2021

Hi, yeah I tried with a torch to see if it made any difference.. that half of the 12 section did seem to 'match' the brightness of the left part a bit but then goes darker a lot quicker than the rest,
    I'm assuming its just less lume / thinner on that part? I'm not sure its bothering me too much but was just a bit of a surprise.. never noticed it before with any other watch

4. OmegaFan503 Feb 21, 2021

It is probably a defect then. Did you buy it with the warranty card? If so, you can just take it back to OB or AD. They will take care of it.

Best of luck and wear it in good health!

Commisar likes this.
  5. pjuk Feb 21, 2021

I think it might be a rogue one as you say, have sent the dealer a message already so hopefully easy sorted. Don't want to part with it I've only just got it !

6. cjoedaniel Feb 21, 2021

Well it is not unheard off. My pip is the wrong color. It should be green but I think is more blue at least in photos. By my eye it looks a bit green at the beginning but it doesn’t really bother me. Not worth the hassle of getting it sorted out.

7. pjuk Mar 2, 2021

Hi just to close this off - I spoke to the dealer and they swapped for a new one ! All good.

txtchfn, Caliber561, Commisar and 4 others like this.
  8. OmegaFan503 Mar 2, 2021

Glad it worked out for you. Cheers

Morseman likes this.
  9. Commisar May 17, 2022

Sorry for necroposting but I think you and I have/had the EXACT same issue OP.

Glad to see it got fixed.