Lost 321 Speedy Dial

Hey all,

I foolishly thought that USPS could get my 321 dial to the UK. The tracking has it departing a transfer airport in Heathrow since April 28th. USPS and Parcelforce have not been helpful as both say it is in customs. While I haven't entirely written it off, I am growing less and less hopeful it will make it to the Alchemist Relumer. I know I should have used a private service, but hindsight is 20/20.

So now I have a 105.012 missing its dial. Does anyone know who would be able to help me source a decent one outside of Ebay?

It's in Customs in the US?

If so, please send me a DM with the tracking info and I may be able to get someone to check on it.

It's in Customs in the US?

If so, please send me a DM with the tracking info and I may be able to get someone to check on it.

Unfortunately, it is UK customs, but I appreciate the help! Here is the tracking number if that helps. EB406702935US

Honestly, I would pay a few hundred to get this thing back.
Edited:

Hey all,

I foolishly thought that USPS could get my 321 dial to the UK. The tracking has it departing a transfer airport in Heathrow since April 28th. USPS and Parcelforce have not been helpful as both say it is in customs. While I haven't entirely written it off, I am growing less and less hopeful it will make it to the Alchemist Relumer. I know I should have used a private service, but hindsight is 20/20.

So now I have a 105.012 missing its dial. Does anyone know who would be able to help me source a decent one outside of Ebay?
Crossing my fingers for you. FWIW, I had a watch take over a month to get delivered last fall in the UK via USPS express all the while with ambiguous/missing tracking updates, but it eventually got delivered! I've heard UK customs has been backed up, but who knows.

I also just had another package sent to Indonesia via USPS stop showing updates but was eventually delivered. I've gleaned that tracking can be finicky with USPS international since they get handed off to local partner couriers...

Crossing my fingers for you. FWIW, I had a watch take over a month to get delivered last fall in the UK via USPS express all the while with ambiguous/missing tracking updates, but it eventually got delivered! I've heard UK customs has been backed up, but who knows.

I also just had another package sent to Indonesia via USPS stop showing updates but was eventually delivered. I've gleaned that tracking can be finicky with USPS international since they get handed off to local partner couriers...

That is comforting. Thanks! I've read that between Brexit and Covid, the UK customs has been having issues. One post I read said it was stuck for two months.

I'd say the chance is still high that you'll get it. I've had both items going to, and also coming from, the UK take a crazy amount of time.

I would just wait. UK Customs/Post Office have been getting progressively worse over the years. I send things back to the UK when passing through Schiphol Airport. Previous years it arrived in a matter of day, then it was a week, then it was 2 weeks, then it was 3 week. Last item I sent took 4 week. Sending stuff from the UK is just as bad. It lies in Customs for weeks.

Will arrive. Customs in Europe gets complicated. Next time use USPS express. Or insure for $200 , then it's handled differently.

Will arrive. Customs in Europe gets complicated. Next time use USPS express. Or insure for $200 , then it's handled differently.
Thanks! I did do USPS Express and insured it for a few hundred, which is another reason I am so surprised that it is taking so long.

Thanks! I did do USPS Express and insured it for a few hundred, which is another reason I am so surprised that it is taking so long.
My UK package that got held up was even USPS Global Express Guaranteed (which actually got handed off to FedEx to the latter part of the journey), which is supposed to be guaranteed in 1-3 business days, and it made no difference.

My UK package that got held up was even USPS Global Express Guaranteed (which actually got handed off to FedEx to the latter part of the journey), which is supposed to be guaranteed in 1-3 business days, and it made no difference.
Did it ever arrive?

Did it ever arrive?
Yes, I’m referring to the same package that I mentioned in my first reply above (the crossing fingers one).
: )

Where in the USA are you? I've got a spare 105.012 dial sitting at my sister's after it's own visit to the Alchemist.(pics below from Mr Hyman himself). Unfortunately it missed me by one day after bloody Parcel Force delivered late due to a spot of rain.... delivered as I'm flying back to California!.

I'll be grabbing this dial next month when I go back to the UK so let me know if you're dial hasn't shown up in a few weeks.

1000036316.jpg 1000036313.jpg 1000036304.jpg

Yes, I’m referring to the same package that I mentioned in my first reply above (the crossing fingers one).
: )
Totally missed that that was you. Haha!

Where in the USA are you? I've got a spare 105.012 dial sitting at my sister's after it's own visit to the Alchemist.(pics below from Mr Hyman himself). Unfortunately it missed me by one day after bloody Parcel Force delivered late due to a spot of rain.... delivered as I'm flying back to California!.

I'll be grabbing this dial next month when I go back to the UK so let me know if you're dial hasn't shown up in a few weeks.

1000036316.jpg 1000036313.jpg 1000036304.jpg
Wow! That is gorgeous! I think he posted a few pictures of yours on his instagram which was a driving factor of me taking the risk of sending it overseas.

Let me have a think about that one........

(might be a long wait for the response!). Lol.

Blaming Covid and Brexit is bullshit, both events are getting a bit too old now, they should've figured out how to deal with these problems by now....if not well it only shows utter incompetence by UK customs themselves and/or their political masters the government!

UPDATE: The dial's tracking history moved. Last Wednesday, I got excited because it showed that the package was in Philadelphia. It then showed that it had moved to New York for customs and had finally moved out of customs. I thought I had gotten it returned. Two days ago, it is back to where it started. Hopefully, it moves again. Honestly, it feels like the the postal service is teasing me at this point.