Lost 321 Speedy Dial

Blaming Covid and Brexit is bullshit, both events are getting a bit too old now, they should've figured out how to deal with these problems by now....if not well it only shows utter incompetence by UK customs themselves and/or their political masters the government!
Seriously, this is like going into ShopRite and hear them talking about the plastic bag ban "just going into effect" -- it was like 4 years ago now and the studies have since shown the bans to be 85% bullshit.

Don't fret. Will be coming after all that drama . And hopefully your dispair will morph into Joy .

Sorry, couldn't resist..... (this guy Morph was awesome us older members)

Morph.jpg

UPDATE: My despair has morphed into joy! 😉 The dial and hands arrived safely at the Alchemist Relumers' shop and the work will commence soon. I'll post a finished picture of the watch once it's done.

What a roller coaster - very glad to hear it wasn't lost and look forward to seeing the final results!

Hey all! James came through with excellent results! Now I just need to get it back to the states and the watch reassembled.

Looks good, but why have you smashed it on top of cupcake?😀
Haha! Just starting the celebration of its reunification.

The waiting looks more than justified! I’d live the whole process with a bit of justified anxiety tho it would make me want to go to the source myself

I’m always blown away when I see James’ work. A little scary to be honest.

Does James ever show/demonstrate how the reapplied tritium behaves under UV? Does it fade quickly/uniformly?

Hey all! James came through with excellent results! Now I just need to get it back to the states and the watch reassembled.

Glad it showed up and James has worked his magic!! It's a shame it wasn't last week as I was down the road from Alnwick (James' hometown) on Sunday and your dial could have ridden back to the States with mine!

Looking good! Are the hands original or SuperLumiNova service replacements that have been refinished to match the dial?

‘Fast fade’ he calls it. Glows under UV and for a few seconds after, then goes dark.

Here’s one he did for me.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BrFveXql4uI/?igsh=bnd2Nno3OGh6azBw

Wow, that's impressive - thanks for sharing. Not quite sure how one can differentiate an unaltered original dial from one that has been relumed. Usually the lume looks off or the fading is not right...but he's got these both nailed down.

Haha! Just starting the celebration of its reunification.
wow that looks awesome. Did you post a "before" pic anywhere by chance?