Looking for information/valuation on Omega Quartz 1430

Omega Quartz 1430-31-32

Hello

I was gifted this watch by a relative who already had an Omega gold automatic watch and had no need of this one. As I understand it, this was a reward for reaching certain sales targets and came from the company they worked for.

I’ve had this watch since new and never worn it beyond trying it on. It comes complete in its original box, outer sleeve and instruction manual.

I’m assuming this is gold plated as there is no visible gold hallmarks. The strap is the original Omega crocodile complete with Omega gold clasp.

On the back of the watch around the outside is the lettering: Use tool 315, Quartz 1430, Water Resistant 30 Metres.

Date wise I would estimate this as somewhere between 1970 and 1980.

That’s about as much as I can tell you about it.

I’m considering selling this now and was hoping for more information and possible current retail value.

Thanks.

IMG_0095.JPG IMG_0097.JPG IMG_0098.JPG IMG_0101.JPG IMG_0103.JPG IMG_0106.JPG

Slightly odd, the 1430 movement has no date. It is the 1432 of that range that has a date. First you need to get a watchmaker to open it up and see if a battery was left in it -- which could be bad news if it has corroded the movement. The 134x movements were made 1977-80. While it's open take a clear photo of the inside of the case-back. That will reveal very useful information.

Working I'd guess at 200-400 £/$/€ non-working half that -- providing you can find an optimist.

The lettering for the tool means that the movement will come out through the front so thats some work for a watchmaker.
If its goldplated there should be something stamped between the lugs.

Thank you for your replies and information, it is appreciated.

If its goldplated there should be something stamped between the lugs.
I took the straps off and there is a Swiss Morgernstern 375% mark between the lugs. Quick bit of research showed this to be 9k gold.

So thanks for this tip.

I never see or heard of such "signs" please show a picture.

From here: https://www.silvercollection.it/DICTIONARYEUHALLMARKSWITZERLANDANCIENT.HTML

SWISSMARK400.2BIS.jpg

OK, to be more precise please show a picture from the case.
Ahh, apologies, I misunderstood.

I can't, it's far too small for me to capture. When I first saw it, I thought it was a scratch and that's what it would look like if I tried to take a picture of it. When I magnified it, I could just make out the shape and symbol. There's another symbol there I can't make out at all as it's too small.