Forums Latest Members
  1. jgnacio Dec 21, 2019

Hello. My first post, I just registered.

This is my father’s gold Seamaster Automatic. I believe it was made in the 70’s, perhaps 60’s. There are no marks/inscriptions on the outside, except in the buckle, where you can read “MF 18K” (see last pic). On those years it was not uncommon (so I’ve been told) for Omega to send watches with leather straps or no strap at all, so that the distributor/rep/customer would fit/replace the strap with a locally made gold strap. I believe this is the case here, with the buckle inscription MF being the initials of the goldsmith who made the strap, and 18K its purity.

I would like to know any info you may know about this watch, as well as its current estimated value.

Thanks/Ignacio

o1.jpg o2.jpg o3.jpg o4.jpg o7.jpg

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Dec 21, 2019

Your assumption about the bracelet is correct, it's not one supplied by or made by or for Omega.

The case reference appears to be 3950, mid 1950s, offered in 18K, 14K and stainless steel.

The watch has at some time had the dial refinished, it is not a Seamaster, this significantly impacts the value unfortunately.

Have a watchmaker open the watch and take nice well lit clear photos of the movement and inside the case back.