Forums Latest Members

Longines Legend Diver Reissue. To buy or not to buy

1. 77deluxe Jun 29, 2018

+1 buy

2. kaisiang098 Jul 1, 2018

Yes, I’ve heard about the 36mm model that came out this year but I’m pretty sure i would go for the 42mm since it’s the same size as the original.

That looks fantastic! My wrist is about 6.5” as well :D

Flatfoot likes this.
  3. kaisiang098 Jul 1, 2018

I see, I’ll definitely try one on before purchase. I did own a SMP 36mm before and the hands didn’t really bother me haha.

Yes I know! The prices for some of the no date models are absolutely nuts!

4. kaisiang098 Jul 1, 2018

Wow! I’m really glad to see so many inputs on this little thread. Really appreciate all your opinions and dem pretty pictures!
    I’ll definitely keep y’all updated if I do get my hands on one!

5. arcadelt Nov 3, 2018

Looks like this watch is a bit of a strap monster, so very much like a Speedy Pro in that regard.

6. Waltesefalcon Nov 5, 2018

I'm wearing my 1973 Super Kontiki reissue today, it measures across at 45mm. It's quite a bit bigger than any of my other wrist watches but it feels good and, I think, looks good on the wrist.

20181105_172340.jpg
  7. mikekchc Nov 15, 2018

I also love it. I think it fits a bit big on the wrist, but the dial and how it pairs with most straps that I put on it but more specifically a brown leather strap just kills me.
    That being said, as I consider other purchases in the future, it's probably the first one I will sell from my collection...

8. tikkathree Nov 16, 2018

I had one in no-date and flipped it really just because I wanted to put the money into something else. I have 7.5" wrists and it looked good even with the relatively long lugs.
    If there wasn't a "something else" which I lusted after at the time I'd probably have kept the Longines Legend as my "relatively understated due to period look but very attractive dial" watch. But I'd have flipped it by now.
    Try one on, it could be the best thing you've ever done.

9. valkyrie_rider Jan 22, 2019

I have one LLD and love it.

Main issue is the lugs shape plus the lug-to-lug distance: it wasn't working in my 18cm (7.1 inches) wrist. The watch simply wouldn't stay put and would keep sliding in my wrist.

It has great wrist presence, classic and timeless design and definitely a strap monster. Seriously, it would look good even if you used a bacon strip as a band.
    :-D

I bought it with a sailcloth band (as it was cheaper) and was about to sell it, then I got the idea of putting it in a Staib mesh. What a difference! Not only it dressed up the watch, but made it extremely comfortable and now it stays put in my wrist.

Staib supplies to Omega, Breitling and it is the supplier of the original Longines mesh bracelet.

So before buying, make sure you try it and if you don't have an enormous wrist, try it on a mesh bracelet.

wrist.jpg side.jpg butterfly.jpg

Edited Jan 23, 2019
    M.D. and 89-0 like this.
  10. spinfree Jan 31, 2019

I've owned the original one, and the reissue, and I have to say it's really hard to go wrong with the reissue. Lugs are long, like everyone said, but if you can pull it off I think you'll be very happy with the look.

11. connieseamaster Apr 9, 2019

Has anyone gotten their hands on the 36mm LLD announced at last year's Basel?

12. bimbim1207 Apr 10, 2019

I would love to get the 36mm as I always love the LLD design, but (either Vintage or re-issue), the size is too big for my tiny wrist, especially the lug2lug. Has anyone got it?

13. Jerseyhammer May 7, 2019

It’s a yes from me great value watches

14. Pahawi May 7, 2019

Think this thread needs a pic. of the real thing.... :)

IMG_5630.JPG

15. Ninja2789 May 7, 2019

Has anyone actually seen a 36mm LLD that was announced last year? I too have owned a LLD only to eventually sell it due to the long lug to lug.

The 36mm, even if it’s not as historically correct, would be an option given the aesthetic is just so damn good.

16. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept May 7, 2019

I handled one and tried it on at Basel World last year, thought it looked really nice (I preferred burgundy color). You can see my pictures (wristshots) in the thread about the military Longines heritage reedition.

17. Pine Webster May 10, 2019

I owned one that I bought from Toppers. The lugs were a little too long for me. It never felt comfortable on my wrist. I had the no date version. Beautiful dial.

18. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 10, 2019

I tried one on and felt the same.

Pine Webster likes this.
  19. westmouth May 13, 2019

Have owned the watch twice, both no-date and date version. There is something about the hour hand that don’t really work with me, otherwise I love it. It’s got the heritage, it’s from a well known and reputed brand and being a modern watch it’s safe to dive with it and use it as a daily beater, if preferred. In addition to having vintage DNA and being a sport watch it’s also very elegant. The long, sleek lugs make it look very slim. The two crowns are both masculine and sporty and adds a bit of complexity. And as earlier pointed out it wears beautifully on a lot of straps. And it is priced quite sensible.
    But then there is the hour hand...
    9C4DF6F2-7623-4ED4-9D0A-0871D5E429A9.jpeg 7D4EEFF4-2A2F-4298-B708-D635FDBE2B74.jpeg

valkyrie_rider likes this.
  20. fat mike Feb 22, 2020

I tried one LLD today with a rubber strap ,I liked the watch a lot but the rubber strap made the watch feel cheap. Do you guys know wich are the strap variations for this watch?