Longines Avigation Big Eyes

1. jaspert Nov 4, 2017

That's some great shots of a good looking watch

watchdaddy1 and Dale Vito like this.
  2. Dale Vito Nov 4, 2017

That's very kind, thank you!

3. jaspert Nov 30, 2017

Anyone got one on their wrist yet?
    Would love to see some real life pics here.

4. BenjaminT Nov 30, 2017

Hey 2017 is not even finished and you are already expecting this years Basel World novelties to hit the shelves of the shops?
    Time to adjust your excessive expectations!

(Last weekend I inquired at a SG owned shop - they had neither nor did they know when to expect arrival)

5. jaspert Nov 30, 2017

No harm asking....:whistling:

Als 27 likes this.
  6. mikekchc Dec 3, 2017

i live in Vancouver Canada and i saw this at my local AD. its like a dream come true. Sadly i just bought myself a Heritage Column Wheel Chronograph so i can't buy this one just yet.
    Here's a shot i took when i tried it on in the shop.

IMG_4712.jpeg
  7. georgeszaslavsky Dec 4, 2017

It is a nice initiative from Longines to start with something new, but myself I am more stuck to their vintage models especially with the 30ch, 13zn and of course the 330 (the longines version of the valjoux 72)

8. jaspert Dec 4, 2017

Cool. It is starting to show up at the stores judging by your pic and Instagram users.
    I will try to check it out at my AD before Christmas.

mikekchc and watchdaddy1 like this.
  9. milhouse Jan 3, 2018

Anyone got one on their wrist yet?

10. JH11932 Jan 3, 2018

Faz, Syrte, George.A and 8 others like this.
  11. Myron Jan 4, 2018

If you haven't seen it already, Time & Tide has a very interesting short video on the origins of this re-issue. According to the president of Longines, the original watch upon which the re-issue is based was not already in their museum. Rather, it was brought to them by a collector, and Longines had to verify its authenticity. After they did so, the president was convinced to do a re-issue.

Myron

https://timeandtidewatches.com/vide...-longines-says-collector-brought-gphg-winner/

watchdaddy1 and Jwit like this.
  12. jaspert Jan 4, 2018

Faz and watchdaddy1 like this.
  13. boltman Jan 5, 2018

My favorite Longines reissue

watchdaddy1 likes this.
  14. R3D9 Jan 19, 2018

Worn & Wound has posted a nice profile video of this watch on YouTube today:

Kudos to Longines for their execution on this watch. As the narrator says, what they chose not to include is almost as impressive as what they included.

No date window, restraint with regards to what lettering they included on the dial. This one’s a home run for me.

15. Andsan Jan 20, 2018

My new watch

[​IMG]

16. Andsan Jan 20, 2018

17. Riviera Paradise Jan 20, 2018

Congratulations! Superb photos!

How large does it wear compared to a Speedy or some other benchmark?

Andsan and watchdaddy1 like this.
  18. Andsan Jan 21, 2018

Thanks, it's 41 mm. I do not know the hight but it's higher than a dress watch. But it works with shirt and jacket. Unfortunately, I do not know Speedys measure so I can not compare these.

watchdaddy1 and Riviera Paradise like this.
  19. watchdaddy1 Jan 21, 2018

Avigation is 41mm , Lug to Lug 48mm & 14.5 thick. Went to 2 different Ad's this week w/ no luck on having any. These are HOT right now.

jaspert, Andsan and Riviera Paradise like this.
  20. BenjaminT Jan 25, 2018

So these are my two cents:

I was having 15 minutes with this watch at a branch of some jewelry chain here. I had them move it there from another branch for me.
    What I really did like was dial and hands of the watch. They were what I expected from pictures on the web. Excelent quality printed dial.
    A big surprise was the hand winding action. It feels "manual" like a modern El-Primero and not "auto" like its 7750 base.
    That thickness would borderline for me was expected. However it was not the overall thickness that turned me down so much but the fact that it was sitting rather high on the wrist due to the heavily embossed back.
    Another point that I did not like were the three distinct steps case - bezel - crystal. I had the impression that this was a bit unformed.
    The finishing is rather simple. The brushing is very shallow. It's more like not properly polished than brushed.

So yes, I did like the watch, but owning a speedy professional it's for me just another watch.
    However I would consider it as a very strong buy for mechanical watch rookies.

arcadelt likes this.