Forums Latest Members
  1. Drab Jan 24, 2017

Hi.
    I'm new to the forum, looking for any information on an Omega diver's style watch my grandmother bought me for graduation in June 1968. The original was stolen, I have watched eBay for years, but have never seen one like it. It was purchased at the William H. Block department store in Indianapolis, a 1911 vintage eight story "high end" store.

The watch looked a lot like pictures of the Seamaster 200 I have seen posted. I am assuming that it was a less expensive version. The main difference was that anodized markings on the rotatable diver's bezel were not on a recessed surface like the 200, there was no outer raised rim to protect the anodized printed surface from wear. I believe the 0-20 minute section was green, and the remainder was an orange-red.

I believe it had a calendar date, and was manual wind, may have been self-winding, but I don't recall after all these years.

The case was stainless.

The band was large, square-cut stainless links with no rounding of the edges as seen on some higher-end models. The thin stamped connecting links were single, rather than the double ones on some of the other models. The band was exactly the same as I have seen in pictures of some of the other similar lower-end models. The clasp was adjustable for length by moving the spring-loaded pin to one of many holes, and it had the Omega logo stamped into it.

It had luminous dial with the Omega logo just below the "12", I believe the face was dark gray or black.

Any ideas on what this model may have been named, and approximately what the original price might have been?

2. Vitezi Jan 24, 2017

I don't think there was a model called "Seamaster 200" available in 1968. The model that Omega calls the Seamaster 200 was launched in the late 1980s, if I'm not mistaken. Instead, you may be thinking of the Seamaster 120, seen here on a strap in a 1968 Italian catalog:
    [​IMG]
    (thanks)

In the above image, you can also see another diver's watch known as the Seamaster 300. A slightly different version of the Seamaster 300 with a big triangle at 12 was also available, seen here on a bracelet in a 1967 Omega catalog:
    [​IMG]
    (thanks)

Anything there look like what you remember?

3. Vitezi Jan 24, 2017

4. StrutlessWonder Jan 25, 2017

5. Edward53 Jan 25, 2017