Forums Latest Members
  1. mgennone May 7, 2015

Some of this current auction seem reasonable yet a few I know have been re-dialed, frankenwatches....some maybe outright fake. Still some interesting ones by brands I do not know so hard for me to tell.

2. bill5959 May 7, 2015

I bought from Auctionata. It put me off auctions because the photos were crap and well I got an overly polished watch. Still a great little TypeXX. Yes I know they didn't make me bid. As they register with customs you will most likely pay customs fee into the US. As for serious, I suggest you read some of what Eric Wind has said about them lately

3. Northernman Lemaniac May 7, 2015

::popcorn::
    As stated no experience with them, however the operation seems solid. They are also connected to Chrono24 which I have sold some high quality watches through.
    I would be interested to hear if people have good or bad experiences with them as I might consider a bid at some point myself.
    ::popcorn:::)

4. marturx May 9, 2015

Northernman likes this.
  5. michaelmc May 21, 2015

Amazing what a few years makes in values. As said anything of quality seems to rise more than the average.

6. Fost Feb 21, 2017

tapaptpat and Northernman like this.
  7. chipsotoole May 27, 2017

Hi,
    I just picked up this Lemania 5100 driven Eberhard Frecce Tricolori Master Chronograph for under 300 USD...Sure it needs a new screw down crown and a service, but I'm really stoked!! eberhard.jpg

8. georgeszaslavsky Aug 21, 2017

You can stil lfind some nice 5100 in good shape if you hunt well and long enough, taht is part of the pleasure of the hunt

tapaptpat and Northernman like this.
  9. tapaptpat Aug 31, 2017

Let's see if the 2016 prices were a bargain too. SAAF 5012 lot 138 on 16 Sept.. Anyone care to guess?

https://whitelabel-2.globalauctionp...0022/lot-09d4fbd3-5a72-40ce-87fc-a7d800c1b1d3

10. andy_s Aug 31, 2017

Bearing in mind that one has an incorrect minute counter, but it'll be interesting to see as there have been a few to market in the past 6 months.

11. tapaptpat Aug 31, 2017

You are correct of course Andy, I got abit over excited.. Woo sa.. Breath.. That's enough coffee for me today. Correct minute recorder can be seen on the previous link. It should be an arrow /|\ not triangle /_\. Thanks for the spot. Did you notice anything else?

/P

12. tapaptpat Aug 31, 2017

Taking a second look at hand set, I think I'd like to see lume "all the way" to center point or hand fastening. On hour minute hand more/similar to chronograph second hand. Would you agree? @andy_s

Cheers again
    P

13. andy_s Aug 31, 2017

Yes, that's correct; it's difficult to say with these as during service they may have just replaced parts with what was available -I've seen a few strange hands on these - in fact, they are pretty much individual when you get into detail - mine has a white minute hand, others a white second hand - remember these were just working watches [note characteristic crude lume application etc) so I wouldn't say necessarily this was added to 'deceive' but may have been like that post-service while in service...if that makes sense?! Baring the lume matching problem it'd be an easy one to get the correct hand (stock, unlike the second hand) if you felt the need - I personally wouldn't mind it as is, but others may disagree.

Otherwise a nice, first batch, watch.

I think I still have an extract of the QM register somewhere - will have a look and see if I can match the serial.

tapaptpat likes this.
  14. tapaptpat Aug 31, 2017

I did see a replacement hand set floating around a little while back. I agree with you again regarding the utilitarian approach to turning a watch around from non working to back on duty.

How many "stacks/crates" did you part with for a QM register? Well done sir!!!

/P

15. andy_s Sep 8, 2017

[​IMG]

Unfortunately just the one page, but gives a nice insight into the 'behind the scenes'.

w154, Northernman and tapaptpat like this.
  16. tapaptpat Sep 11, 2017

Thanks @andy_s you're a legend for sharing that one page. Truly thankful.

/P

17. Gaz6263 Oct 7, 2017

The White dialled one is that a non lumed nuclear submarine issued.

Syrte likes this.
  18. tr2 Oct 10, 2017

These are superb watches.....even better on the inside....very very underrated...and a pleasure to wear...!!!!

tapaptpat likes this.
  19. Dial & Bezel Oct 10, 2017

Love those Lemania mono pusher!

20. JohnLy Oct 18, 2017

I also know very little about Lemania but I just picked up I what I believe is a pilots watch. It's 50mm in diameter single button chronograph. The movement is angled for what I assume is ease of reading. The crown is extended away from the case and not sure if it was that way when it originally left the factory. I can see where it was extended for ease of winding I assume. There is no sign of corrosion but I don't think the case is made of stainless, perhaps brass and nickle plate? the case in numbered 131528 but no other identification. Also has fixed lugs.
    The gilt movement is unsigned and has a serial number 189952 and runs great.
    It has an enamel dial which has some small hairlines under the bezel. with the bezel one you cannot see them. The Breguet hands appear to enameled or a very thick paint job, never seen any like it before.

I guess my questions are
    1) is This a Lemania Movement and if so when would it have been made.
    2) Was it common for cases and movements not be signed during this time period.
    3) Does my assumption of the case material being nickle plated brass?
    4) My assumption that this is a pilots watch appear to be correct?

Thanks for any help you can give me with this.. IMG_7476.JPG IMG_7478.JPG IMG_7479.JPG IMG_7471.JPG IMG_7472.JPG IMG_7473.JPG IMG_7475.JPG

marco likes this.