Forums Latest Members

SOLD Beautiful Vintage LEMANIA Military Style Radium Dial (time only)

1. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Sep 3, 2019

I have a number of smaller, radium dial vintage watches, and this is one of my favorites. All original to my knowledge, this LEMANIA would be a real treat for anyone who likes smaller radium dial vintage. The watch is in very good all-around condition, with no significant flaws.

The unpolished, steel screw-back case, which measures 32mm excluding the crown, is technically a "stepped" case, but note that the step is not as high as some. There are some light scratches and very small gouges from regular use, but it presents very well. The chamfered lugs are a particularly nice, and subtle design touch. The back screws in and out very smoothly.

The radium dial and hand-set are, to my eye, really superb. All original, as noted previously, and a classic example of the military style that was, for understandable reasons, so popular in the 1940s and '50s. The red second hand provides excellent contrast, which is both practical and pleasing to the eye.

The (presumably) original crown shows signs of its age, but remains in good condition.

The cal. S27 movement is working, though hasn't been timed, and I would suggest a service for regular use. Note that this caliber was the base for the iconic LEMANIA cal. 27CH chronographs, which were in turn used by OMEGA for their cal. 320/321 chronos.

I ask $525 ONO for this little gem, and will ship registered from my home in Portugal. EMS (express) is available at additional cost. Paypal or bank transfer.

Feel free to ask any questions!

Tony C.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edited Sep 3, 2019
    Northernman, murph, tapaptpat and 6 others like this.
  2. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Sep 6, 2019

One more chance for forum members before I offer the watch to a wider audience.

3. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Sep 15, 2019

Sold! Thanks to AP and the forum!

dougiedude and aap like this.