Forums Latest Members

Ordered the new Seamaster 300 (in blue)

1. KstateSkier Mar 31, 2021

Just went into my local AD and ordered (put down a deposit on) the new SM300 with the blue dial.

My guy called Omega to order it and they said April delivery is fairly ambitious and most likely won't hit most stores until May-June. I have no idea why Omega bothers putting out such unrealistic expectations on watch availability but nonetheless pretty excited about this new model. I've been in need of a blue themed watch. Shopped around for a CK2998 in blue and never found one that I pulled the trigger on. But love this one and loved the Trilogy 300 when it was released but never bought one. Looking forward to getting this and seeing it on the wrist, and out in the sun.

Will post pics when it arrives.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. kip595 Mar 31, 2021

Ooooh, nice choice - if I hadn't picked up the older (2014) black dial so recently this definitely would've been on my short list this spring...do let us know what you think!

arno likes this.
  3. Maganator Mar 31, 2021

Nice! Are there any images of what the bracelet looks like/what the clasp looks like?

4. KstateSkier Mar 31, 2021

All I've seen of the bracelet is from the video. Looks like the newer brushed/polished flat link version with the adjustable clasp. Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 4.13.25 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 4.13.37 PM.png

5. AntonisCy Mar 31, 2021

Nice. My AD said May too.

6. Crunchie Mar 31, 2021

The other way of looking at it - if Rolex release a watch you like and your dealer says you’ll have to wait two or three months...

Omega looking pretty good now?

7. KstateSkier Mar 31, 2021

I think you meant 2-3 years.

8. marcn Enough space to say witty Mar 31, 2021

I think it was in the Fratello video where they mentioned the blue, though a very nice shade, will look black in all but brightly lit settings. Regardless, bravo! I'll have to wait to see it in real life first, but I'm thinking black with steel bracelet will be very hard to turn down.

9. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Mar 31, 2021

I missed this release. Can't wait to see how it looks in person.

Congratulations.

10. Crunchie Mar 31, 2021

No, my point was a new Rolex release would take MUCH longer than a few months, so being quoted May or June for delivery for an Omega that has just been announced is really not that bad.

You talk about Omega “putting out unrealistic expectations” when you can get one in June instead of April.

NGO1, Nobel Prize and KstateSkier like this.
  11. scapa Mar 31, 2021

Congrats! The blue is on my radar also, but definitely one I want to try on first, to get a feel for size/ wrist presence and bezel action, etc. Looking forward to your impressions.

KstateSkier likes this.
  12. marcn Enough space to say witty Apr 1, 2021

Just got word from Omega directly that they estimate mid- to late-April for these to start rolling into OBs (I asked specifically about the black on bracelet).

KstateSkier likes this.
  13. AngelDeVille Apr 1, 2021

She looks nice, I'm lucky I think my Omega AD usually has most of the available models on display.

It's a good thing I don't need any more watches.

14. kangajack Apr 1, 2021

I’m really a fan of the new bracelet. The polished outer links works much better with the polished lug tops than the previous version. Blue would be my choice as well. Congratulatioms.

15. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Apr 1, 2021

I’m looking forward to trying one on before making a decision. I do hope this isn’t a buy it sight unseen feeding frenzy.

16. bruin20 Apr 1, 2021

There's no way it will be.

Larry S likes this.
  17. Walrus Apr 1, 2021

Damn the more I see this particular watch the more I like it. It’s probably sacrilege but I like it more than many of the vintage ones I see. That look just really gets me. I’m not even going to investigate the size and what not as I’m just figuring it’s above what I can devote to a watch at the moment. I’ll be picking up one watch this year that will be above the price point I usually hang out at but I’m sure this is well above what I’m planning on spending, it’s good though I’m very happy for those who pick it up it really approaches the ideal watch in my eyes. I look forward to people showing their pictures. I did go through a period of watch envy here for a while but I got over that as it’s just plain stupid, I’m now pleased when I see people doing well and picking up a nice watch. I’m actually surprised there isn’t more buzz and talk about this watch but whatever people like what they like and I really like this one.

scapa likes this.
  18. marcn Enough space to say witty Apr 1, 2021

Same. I just wish the bronze gold was dropping at the same time. Hate to contemplate the financial consequences here, because it’s starting to grow on me at the same time the black is feeling a bit inevitable!

Larry S likes this.
  19. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Apr 1, 2021

This is the first watch in a very long while that is causing me to consider straying from my significant watch abstinence. Selling will be necessary as penance for the sin I may commit.

20. guppydriver Apr 2, 2021

I’m digging the lollipop seconds hand. The new moon watch is next on my list, but I can’t wait to see this in person. I always thought the green dial AT would be in my crosshairs after the speedy, but it may be this watch instead.