Lady Polerouter - Project

Posts
270
Likes
624
Update:
After leaving the case in acetone for a few hours and much scrubbing it turns out there was a tension ring buried under all of the glue!
 
Posts
270
Likes
624
Next step is to remove the glue residue from the plexi. Per the suggestions above I'm going to avoid using acetone since it'll probably dissolve the plexi altogether.
I did some research and I think vinegar is the best option. Will post an update with the results
 
Posts
16,305
Likes
45,025
Next step is to remove the glue residue from the plexi. Per the suggestions above I'm going to avoid using acetone since it'll probably dissolve the plexi altogether.
I did some research and I think vinegar is the best option. Will post an update with the results
May also want to try Naptha (lighter fluid) used to remove sticky crap like stickers. Safe in plastics.
 
Posts
270
Likes
624
May also want to try Naptha (lighter fluid) used to remove sticky crap like stickers. Safe in plastics.
Thanks, I'll look into it.
 
Posts
270
Likes
624
Good news:
Vinegar worked its magic without dissolving the plexi!


Bad news:
I think the edges of the plexi are broken in places. I guess this was the reason it was glued in the first place.


Given that, I'm not sure what's the best course of action forward. There's the tension ring, but with the edges of plexi chipped off I'm not sure if it can hold the plexi in place.
-So I guess I can glue the plexi to the case again but use proper glue like @Radiumpassion suggested.
-Or find a replacement (likely generic) plexi

But maybe I'm wrong and the tension ring can still hold the plexi without glue.
 
Posts
16,305
Likes
45,025
I’m sure there is a GS or divertite with the same profile- I would rather use a generic that fits properly than a damaged factory crystal.
 
Posts
4,856
Likes
12,281
Wow, I thought you were crazy to try and revive that hot mess of a watch. It looks like it is starting to come togehter.

🍿
 
Posts
1,145
Likes
5,651
It would be cool to salvage the original crystal, but I think a generic is the
way to go to make a usable watch.
 
Posts
270
Likes
624
Yeah I think I'm convinced a new plexi is the way to go. Thanks for the feedback.
I'll post an update when it's finished.
 
Posts
1,241
Likes
3,840
Better to go with the generic crystal in this case. Just dont throw the original away!
 
Posts
7,689
Likes
22,049
Dibs if your girlfriend decides she’s not wearing it 😉
 
Posts
270
Likes
624
Dibs if your girlfriend decides she’s not wearing it 😉
idk, maybe. Something about her having more Polerouters than me doesn't sound right 😉
She already has this one.
 
Posts
270
Likes
624
congratulations, looks fantastic
Thanks Ben, I feel like it was a collaborative project with all the help I got.
I also paired it with the 6mm buckle I got from you!
 
Posts
13,934
Likes
54,145
Congrats. Persistence pays!
 
Posts
3,687
Likes
8,498
Thanks Ben, I feel like it was a collaborative project with all the help I got.
I also paired it with the 6mm buckle I got from you!

looks good, I will keep an eye out for a SS one as well
 
Posts
270
Likes
624
looks good, I will keep an eye out for a SS one as well
That'll be great! I got a SS buckle in 9mm which can work with a non tapering strap, but smaller definitely would be nicer.
 
Posts
401
Likes
410
Really great job! If your lady wouldn’t mind would really be interested in wrist shots.
Edited:
 
Posts
7,689
Likes
22,049
Really great job! I go your lady wouldn’t mind would really be interested in wrist shots.
Agree, I would love to see one too!👍

@berrychlossom if you really want another buckle you might want to check with @jojolamontre on Instagram, he was a UG collector before he (recently) set up shop as a dealer, and I know he was also buying buckles and all sorts of other stuff.
Edited: