Just joined 'Omega Forums' & seeking 3592.50 assistance

Hi everyone and thank you for those who have taken the time to read this post.

I've just joined this forum and am amazed to see such incredible watches and indeed advice contained within.

I have owned a Seamaster (300m with wave dial) Professional since 1999 and have craved ownership of a Speedy - preferably one from the late 80s to early 90s.

So, with great trepidation, I recently purchased an 'Apollo XI' marked Speedmaster 3592.50 (unnumbered) with tritium dial and 863 movement. It was purchased without the original box and warranty documentation.

May I ask those of you who have the expertise on the numbered and unnumbered display-back Speedy the following questions (and apology for so many questions):

1. My watch does not have the movement serial number stamped on the back of the case - behind the seven-o'clock lug. It is a 48251... serial number. Since the piece is unnumbered, and it appears to be an early 48251... serial number, is this the reason why there is no stamped number on the back?

2. Inline with the previous question, I read somewhere that 3592.50 watches produced from 1990 were stamped and the earlier-produced ones - 1989/90 - were not. Is that correct?

3. What do I need to quote (movement number for instance) to obtain an 'Extract from Archives' ? Do I need any other numbers?

4. What type of (period correct) box did late 1980s unnumbered 3592.50 Speedies come with? I have noticed on the forums that some of you have red boxes; some have black ones and other the grey box.

5. My piece runs consistently at +6 seconds per day. Does it require a service?

6. Is it worth getting it serviced with Omega or should I take it to a good independent watch maker?

7. I live in Sydney Australia. Does anyone know any Speedy watchmaker/service experts?

The picture below is a little grainy. I have to learn how to take macro shots.

Thank you.
Edited:

Welcome to the forum. Love the gold gilt 863s! Early 3592.50s may not have marked serial on the case. The extract request requires the movement number which should be visible. If you bought without service paperwork, assume you could use a service soon. I wouldn’t take it to omega for service. There are plenty of service recommendations here by quality independent shops.

Wear it well!

6 seconds/day? Pretty good. If you think, you want a service, just do it. In Sydney there are a few good watchmakers for speedy's. Joe Santos may be the best. Omega trained. But you need a lot of patience. And not cheap. Braunsteiner and a few others expensive. We service for a max.of A$ 500. Involves courier shipping to Coffs. Will be ready in max. 4 weeks. That gives you an idea for your own research. Kind regards. Achim

6 seconds/day? Pretty good. If you think, you want a service, just do it. In Sydney there are a few good watchmakers for speedy's. Joe Santos may be the best. Omega trained. But you need a lot of patience. And not cheap. Braunsteiner and a few others expensive. We service for a max.of A$ 500. Involves courier shipping to Coffs. Will be ready in max. 4 weeks. That gives you an idea for your own research. Kind regards. Achim
Thank you

Welcome to the forum. Love the gold gilt 863s! Early 3592.50s may not have marked serial on the case. The extract request requires the movement number which should be visible. If you bought without service paperwork, assume you could use a service soon. I wouldn’t take it to omega for service. There are plenty of service recommendations here by quality independent shops.

Wear it well!
I appreciate your reply

My 2017 Speedy also averages 6 seconds so yours is in good shape 👎

Mine says 'hi'! I'll echo the advice to find a good watchmaker rather than sending to Omega. If you have no history of service, consider one soon just to be safe.