Forums Latest Members
  1. tomkenmag Mar 24, 2020

Damn, you sure you don't have allergy or some kind of a skin condition?

cvalue13 likes this.
  2. Longbow Mar 24, 2020

Well lack of sunlight, or maybe it's a reaction to that whacking great coronavirus on the back.
    They knew in 2018.jpg

Edited Mar 29, 2020
    queriver and cvalue13 like this.
  3. queriver Mar 24, 2020

Re the painful casebacks, a couple of things come to mind:
    - Is there sufficient flat space on the caseback for a vinyl caseback sticker to hold fast?
    - If not, an out-of-left-field probably stupid idea to consider is to fill the caseback with clear silicone
    - Is the problem made worse by wearing the watch loose on the wrist. That allows the watch to sometimes slip down towards your hand. In that situation if you bend your hand backwards that will increase the pressure the case back exerts on the back of your wrist.

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 24, 2020

If there’s going to be an allergic reaction, it will likely be the nickel. But since all watches conform to the international standards for nickel release rates, it would be unusual for one particular model to cause this when others do not.

Cheers, Al

Longbow and cvalue13 like this.
  5. Meme-Dweller Mar 24, 2020

No, because i have plenty of other steel Omega, Rolex, Casio, Oris, and Seiko pieces and only that specific caseback hurts-- and not on the band section.

Longbow likes this.
  6. Badhabit59 Mar 24, 2020

Black and white for me. Best looking speedy of the bunch IMO. I wonder if problems with the caseback were identified during manufacture and a fix implemented midstream. Same design, with the sharp edges removed.

Edited Mar 25, 2020
  7. Ken G Mar 25, 2020

i have two Tokyo 2020 models (black/gold & silver/red), and while there’s no denying that the outer rim of the case back is sharp, I cant’t say I’ve had any imprints/discomfort/pain either.

I guess each owner’s mileage is varying...

fskywalker likes this.