Is this the best redial Seamaster 600?

Hello!

I found this Seamaster 600 for sale. I thought the watch looked very nice and for a moment I even considered purchasing it. Then I noticed that the seller claims the watch has a "refurbished dial" 😲 This has to be the best looking redial I have ever seen on a SM 600! Only the e in Seamaster looks a little thick. Otherwise everything checks out, but what do I know.

bomega.jpg

Discuss.

Why would the seller say it's a "refurbished dial" if it's not ?
Factory job perhaps?

Factory job perhaps?

Maybe. Watch has an Omega service crown, so it has had a meeting with a watchmaker at some point.

Maybe. Watch has an Omega service crown, so it has had a meeting with a watchmaker at some point.
It's a 50 year old watch, so a bit concerning if it hadn't.

These markers should not feature black stripes. Also, lume is missing from the little emplacements on the outside of the markers. Lume missing from the hands too, and the bottom of the dial should read " T SWISS MADE T".

The markers are partially covered with paint, the "G" from "OMEGA" is too closed, and "SWISS MADE" is missing some serifs.

And there's gold plating residue around the lugs.

These markers should not feature black stripes. Also, lume is missing from the little emplacements on the outside of the markers. Lume missing from the hands too, and the bottom of the dial should read " T SWISS MADE T".

The markers are partially covered with paint, the "G" from "OMEGA" is too closed, and "SWISS MADE" is missing some serifs.

And there's gold plating residue around the lugs.

Here's @septentrio 's SM600 for comparison. Quite similar in terms of missing lume and black stripes, but font looks to be little different. Interesting observation regarding gold plating residue! Maybe it is that, or it could be just plain old wrist cheese.

VxE7LeP.jpg

@plain vanilla : A recent service at Omega Switzerland includes (by law) IMHO the removal of Tritium. This could be the case here....

Here's @septentrio 's SM600 for comparison. Quite similar in terms of missing lume and black stripes, but font looks to be little different. Interesting observation regarding gold plating residue! Maybe it is that, or it could be just plain old wrist cheese.

VxE7LeP.jpg

Are you sure this dial is original? I see silver finish on the Omega logo and on the indexes. Also, the shape of these indexes suggest they are meant to feature lume plots on the outside.

After doing some research on this reference (135.011), I have indeed seen black stripes on indexes, silver finish on them and no lume on several dials.

But the font is still wrong. 😁

Is there’s link to the listing?

from that one picture I’d say the sellers made a mistake and it’s an original dial.

Is there’s link to the listing?

from that one picture I’d say the sellers made a mistake and it’s an original dial.

No it's not, the fonts are wrong (the "G" in "OMEGA" is too closed).

No it's not, the fonts are wrong (the "G" in "OMEGA" is too closed).

There’s variation in the fonts of these are so many were produced and for a number of years. It may be a redial but more pictures are needed. From the one pic I think it’s original.
The stance on the black inlaid markers and hands is incorrect - that’s absolutely a known configuration

Still, the placement of these black stripes is messy at best. I'd say quite horrible actually. And the thickness of the inscriptions is inconsistent.

There’s variation in the fonts of these are so many were produced and for a number of years. It may be a redial but more pictures are needed. From the one pic I think it’s original.
The stance on the black inlaid markers and hands is incorrect - that’s absolutely a known configuration

Only one more pic of the dial and it's not that informative.

13012778_fullsize.jpg

Sellers declaring redials as originals happens every god damn day. It's not that often a seller claims a watch is a redial and you go "wait a minute..."

The missing serifs, slightly wrong angle of "SWISS" and some other minor differences (the t bar in Seamaster looks too short, the way the S connects to the e is different compared to the legit dials I can find...) make me guess redial too. However overall the font is so close to original that I think the service replacement theory might have some merit!