Is this black dial original?

Hi OF'ers,

I'm doing this the wrong way around; I just bought this watch presuming it was original (I did do some homework), but I figured double checking couldn't hurt.. The seller is a reputable dealer, so if the dial isn't original I'm sure he doesn't know and would like to find a solution as much as I do. So; I trust the seller, but just to be sure, do you think this is an original dial? And, out of curiosity, what do you think is a fair price?
(I know the crown is a replacement).

17615453-tmk5j1o2t70g3p2db6p1guts-ExtraLarge.jpg
17615453-aozercam9djkrt9bm49fju95-ExtraLarge.jpg
17615405-n99x7vjgz95to4knos5bxkrc-ExtraLarge.jpg
17615405-2ar359eacde5h6wxghc0el9a-ExtraLarge.jpg
17615405-4e83shwqf4czmb9oy82k81qo-ExtraLarge.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help!

Based on those photos my instantaneous first impression is that it's a re-dial.

Only when I can see correct pics will I be able to say one way or another.

I agree that without better photos, it is difficult to say. My first impressions are: very even minute markers, the old lume is intact in several of the hour markers, and the Omega font looks ok. I think it may be ok, so if it is a redial, is is a good one. The hands don't align with the minute track, and may have been replaced.

The "snow flakes" on the dial are a good hint that it might be original... IMO it is

Thank you all for the input!

I think the hands don't align with this model at all, reference watches have the same alignment with the minute track.

I've managed to find a better picture; hopefully this one can decide whether it's original.

What do you guys think?

81b59b3e-b5b0-40ec-8fd0-bef05d188a77

I can't see the photo.

edit - I refreshed and now see it. That 2-tone dial with shiny centre section and mat outer ring is puzzling. I have never seen this before. Is it possible that the centre was repainted and hour ring left original? This question is for the experts and I defer to their knowledge and experience.

Two-tone dials are seldom reproduced so good as this.

The word "OMEGA" seems to be slightly out of center.
I noticed that too... But Im' OCD for alignments, so it might be me or the angles of the pictures. A straight frontal would be nice.

For my information, what would make the difference of the 2 blacks (center and ring)? 2 different paintings used? Would it have been glossy and mat originally?

I can't see the photo.

edit - I refreshed and now see it. That 2-tone dial with shiny centre section and mat outer ring is puzzling. I have never seen this before. Is it possible that the centre was repainted and hour ring left original? This question is for the experts and I defer to their knowledge and experience.
I'm not familiair with this exact dial either, but to be fair i've seen more of these references with two tone dials. It seems to be quite common for the reference.

I noticed that too... But Im' OCD for alignments, so it might be me or the angles of the pictures. A straight frontal would be nice.

For my information, what would make the difference of the 2 blacks (center and ring)? 2 different paintings used? Would it have been glossy and mat originally?
Unfortunately I don't have the watch so i'm unable to provide a center picture. As to your second question, that seems logical but I don't have much evidence to back it up. I have seen another one which was white but with the outer ring showing heavy patina and the inner ring without, presumabely different paint there too.

Hi OF'ers,

I'm doing this the wrong way around; I just bought this watch presuming it was original (I did do some homework), but I figured double checking couldn't hurt.. The seller is a reputable dealer, so if the dial isn't original I'm sure he doesn't know and would like to find a solution as much as I do. So; I trust the seller, but just to be sure, do you think this is an original dial? And, out of curiosity, what do you think is a fair price?
(I know the crown is a replacement).

17615453-tmk5j1o2t70g3p2db6p1guts-ExtraLarge.jpg
17615453-aozercam9djkrt9bm49fju95-ExtraLarge.jpg
17615405-n99x7vjgz95to4knos5bxkrc-ExtraLarge.jpg
17615405-2ar359eacde5h6wxghc0el9a-ExtraLarge.jpg
17615405-4e83shwqf4czmb9oy82k81qo-ExtraLarge.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help!

Look @ 6 O'Clock SWISS MADE, A good indicator it is the genuine article.
At some point the Swiss said unless it was made [ The Dial ] in Swtzeland, we could not print Swiss on the dials when refinished. FYI Like Idaho potatoes have to be from Idaho.
How are the innerts?
More important than the dial or hands!
Mike

How are the innerts?

I politely disagree. Finding a replacement movement isn’t difficult and the existing one can be serviced, should it need it. Finding the right hands is a little harder. Finding a replacement dial in good condition is very, very tough.

At some point the Swiss said unless it was made [ The Dial ] in Swtzeland, we could not print Swiss on the dials when refinished. FYI Like Idaho potatoes have to be from Idaho.
How are the innerts?
Mike
Innerts are very nice!

Good deal, wear it & enjoy as that is what it was made to enjoy.
Jay Leno had a comment about The late Al Ferarra's Duesenburg.
Al bought Clark Gable's Duesenburg in late 60's or so.
Al drove that car & enjoyed it. He let other people [Jay] drive it.
Jay's comment "That was Al's car, he owned it longer than Gable & enjoyed it"
Something like that.
Mike

I politely disagree. Finding a replacement movement isn’t difficult and the existing one can be serviced, should it need it. Finding the right hands is a little harder. Finding a replacement dial in good condition is very, very tough.
Yes & no, & this is why I won't repair watches for anyone.
Getting parts regardless of dial, hands, crowns is just 80 percent on older watches.
I.E. 1870 Elgin 18s 151643 key wind barrel arbor or other parts hairspring, slow train 16,200 beats.
I don't collect anything anymore. If I own it, it is mine to enjoy!
To heck for everthing being pristine, new in the box.
Did the prior owner die & never enjoy it?
Not any good if you can't use it and enjoy it.
Life is to short & that is what watchmaking is about, Measuring the posible time left on this planet!
Check comment on Al's Dusenburg for better referance.
Mike

How are the innerts?
Mike
This is absolutely not true. Almost all refinished dials still say ‘Swiss Made’ at 6 o’clock.