Is this as good as it gets for an EW?

I think I’ve read about this watch somewhere else, is the bezel not just treated but actually incorrect? I believe it’s something to do with the font on the “E”. I agree it’s a beautiful looking watch but at that price originality and correct parts are surely vital????

For the price the case should be in excellent condition and all original parts with original bracelet. Even then it would be too expensive

In agreement with many here. My EW has an original pulsations bezel (see profile pic). If it had any kind of vintage bezel I could believe the pairing, but we know the bezel is artificially aged, so it makes the dial suspect.

I’m a fan of Jacek too, but this just doesn’t feel right to me. And certainly not for that kind of price...
I still have to see a tropical dial that perfect resulted from alteration by chemical or cooked.
There is alway something that reveal when a dial is heavely altered, this one doesn't.

The bazel i would be very curios to know how to manage that color.

Dial does not like like other EW tropicals I suspect it’s baked

Dial does not like like other EW tropicals I suspect it’s baked
Baked dial don’t mantain the proper color of the font or any other painted elements in perfect white.
Not to mention the fact that baked dial don’t have that depth in color or they are simmetric in their variations.
Edited:

Baked dial don’t mantain the proper color of the font or any other painted elements in perfect white.
Not to mention the fact that baked dial don’t have that depth in color or they are simmetric in their variations.

I see what you mean. I would be curious to hear others’ opinions. I personally have never seen this color on an EW but I’m far from an expert

I see what you mean. I would be curious to hear others’ opinions. I personally have never seen this color on an EW but I’m far from an expert
Neither did i, and that could be easily the reason why it’s so expensive $$$$$

Neither did i, and that could be easily the reason why it’s so expensive $$$$$

If the dial is correct there is a lot of value there but as stated earlier and even in the BAL comments
from members of this forum, it makes it more difficult to trust the entirety of a watch that has purposely been altered for the express purpose of increasing the value. Further, the bezel was not advertised as altered until it was pointed out to the seller.

If the dial is correct there is a lot of value there but as stated earlier and even in the BAL comments
from members of this forum, it makes it more difficult to trust the entirety of a watch that has purposely been altered for the express purpose of increasing the value. Further, the bezel was not advertised as altered until it was pointed out to the seller.
I trust the seller.
Jacek is a reputable guy and if there is a fυcked up he takes care of it.
That’s probably why he dropped considerably the price once pointed out that the bezel was wrong and disclosed that instead of stick with his version ( like many a.hole dealer do )

I trust the seller.
Jacek is a reputable guy and if there is a fυcked up he takes care of it.
That’s probably why he dropped considerably the price once pointed out that the bezel was wrong and disclosed that instead of stick with his version ( like many a.hole dealer do )

Agreed - he would make things right if there is an issue

This is the same dealer for whom nearly every case, no matter how worn down by polishing, is described as "excellent."

https://omegaforums.net/threads/why-i-pay-attention-to-crown-guards.113288/
These are different dealers. The Rolex you share in that link is from HQM whereas this EW is from Tropical Watch. You’re correct in that HQM regularly lists items as excellent when they clearly are not. Jacek of Tropical Watch was a partner at HQM but he left them in 2019. Long after he left, HQM continues to overuse the word “excellent” whereas, I have never seen a Rolex (or other watch) in that condition, shown in your link, listed on Tropical Watch.

These are different dealers. The Rolex you share in that link is from HQM whereas this EW is from Tropical Watch. You’re correct in that HQM regularly lists items as excellent when they clearly are not. Jacek of Tropical Watch was a partner at HQM but he left them in 2019. Long after he left, HQM continues to overuse the word “excellent” whereas, I have never seen a Rolex (or other watch) in that condition, shown in your link, listed on Tropical Watch.
They are now different dealers, but were both at HQ Milton for years. Tropical Watch also describes most of its Rolex cases as "excellent." I've been looking at lug holes for a while as an indicator of over-polishing. Here are some TW 55xx Rolexes that have sold recently--all excellent. The first is indeed pretty thick:

rolex_55xx_good_holes.jpg

The next 3, not so much:

tw1.jpeg
tw2.jpeg
tw3.jpeg

The world would be a better place without greedy dealers

I don’t see it that way.

No one is twisting anyone’s arm to buy this; the market will decide its value. Greed is when you take advantage of someone who has no other choice,

Greed is when you take advantage of someone who has no other choice
I disagree. Greed is defined as "intense and selfish desire for something, especially wealth or power." Taking advantage of someone who has no choice is what I would call exploitation.

I disagree. Greed is defined as "intense and selfish desire for something, especially wealth or power." Taking advantage of someone who has no choice is what I would call exploitation.

Maybe he’s just testing the market, or thought that’s what it might be worth. Why would you call him greedy without knowing his motivation?

In this case, I do think that the original pricing of this watch was a bit greedy, and may end up working against the seller. The listing is now stale, and anyone looking at it asks himself the same question, "Why hasn't it sold?".

Everyone understands that dealer prices are higher than private sale prices, that's fine. But when you see the same watch sitting on a dealer's site for years (sometimes), it's not a good sign. I guess we are at 7 months and counting on this one.

In this case, I do think that the original pricing of this watch was a bit greedy,

Let me ask: do you have first-hand knowledge of what the seller paid for the watch? What if you learned that he over-paid for it, and at the currently listed price, if received, he would have still have lost money? Would he still be greedy?

The problem here is the use of a word that implies one knows someone else’s intent. It could be “ambitiously priced,” “quite a bit over market” but these things can be proven or disproven. Don’t call someone greedy unless you have the complete backstory. And if you know he picked it up cheap, and told you or a friend that,”I can’t wait to make a killing on this thing by seducing these over-enthusiastic Ed White collectors,” then I stand corrected.
Edited:

Dealers try the market, they wouldn't be so ambitious if nobody played ball but I bet the odd highly inflated watch does sell which makes them think its worth a try.

Doing this though is a risky game as a noticeable watch like this becomes stagnant and the dealer becomes known for blatantly asking far too much.

Jaceck and dealers in general are in business to move inventory. As @Dan S points out, this is now a stale listing by most measures. One potential explanation is that watch is on consignment and the seller was way too optimistic on the initial price. Also, remember, Jaceck is foremost a Rolex dealer and by no means an Omega expert. The listing got off to a rocky start with some misrepresentation on the bezel but also got tremendous amount of coverage on numerous watch outlets.

I guess the market has spoken, if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck.....