Forums Latest Members
  1. bucksandreds Dec 27, 2018

I wont say what they want for it but I want to make sure that there are no questions about the quality? I really appreciate the advice.

watch.png WATCH 1.png WATCH 2.png
  2. bucksandreds Dec 27, 2018

Bump. I’m just so new i often think poor examples are good.

3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Dec 27, 2018

The quality is there. The lugs are a bit soft/worn, but you have to expect that on a watch of that age if it's been used.
    See if you can get other shots of the dial. There's a mark outside the 9, it may just be a reflection/refraction caused by the crystal but better to be sure.

Movement looks to be in good condition with very little damage to screws etc.

Is it my eyes, or the angle of the pics, the lugs look to be different widths?

bucksandreds likes this.
  4. bucksandreds Dec 27, 2018

Thanks. I’ll find more pics. I really appreciate it. I see watches that look gorgeous to my eye and then I post it here and things get pointed out which should have been obvious to me.

5. WYO_Watch Dec 27, 2018

Every watch has some value - so... for the right price it could be worth it. For the wrong price, even a great watch isn’t worth buying. Not saying you need to tell us the price or post the sales link - but... my initial two cents.

However, I think it’s an outstanding example. The typical culprits I usually find as issues don’t exist. The lume looks original (and matches the hands), case back hasn’t been scratched up (has some nice brushing) crown looks good, dial looks stellar (I don’t see damage at 9).

Two tone watches always get me thinking a bit about whether the dial (gold indices) goes with the stainless steel case). But even if it doesn’t, it’s a nice looking piece.

You should also be prepared to answer a few basic questions. Why don’t you have a profile picture? What did you find by googling the reference on the case? What research have you done thus far that has prompted the need for help? What concerns do you have?

6. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Dec 27, 2018

Agree that the lugs look a bit worn. Otherwise seems like a nice piece. The lugs ideally should look something like this. This has also been polished but only slightly.

DBE5C260-8E37-4C46-BC32-D489ED5048B0.jpeg

bucksandreds likes this.
  7. bucksandreds Dec 27, 2018

I can add a picture if it helps. I want to buy my senior citizen father a nice vintage watch. I started on here several weeks ago and started looking for 1950s Omegas but switched to liking the early 60s Seamasters because I think it’s a little easier to find a “clean looking” example. I’ve been studying 1950s and 60s Omegas maybe 40 hours so far (I realize that I need to multiply that by 100 to ever really know what I’m talking about) I really like some of the guides pinned to the top particularly ConElPueblo. I’ve been looking at here, chrono24, watchuseek, Ebay, etc. I’m not looking to ever sell this watch as I want to wear it also and then hopefully my son. I’ll never be an expert/trader in the next decade or two as I’m a busy dentist with tiny children. I really appreciate all the advice here as I still miss things like wear on the screws, dial not typical for reference, serial number doesn’t match year claimed by seller and plenty of other ‘newbie’ errors.

8. Lbreak Dec 27, 2018

looks pretty good. If it's going for a reasonable price then I think it's a good deal. Case back and dial looks nice and clean for a watch this age.

bucksandreds likes this.
  9. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Dec 28, 2018

Looks like a redial to me.

10. Rochete Dec 28, 2018

Looks like a redial to me but what do I know and pictures are not that good. Otherwise, watch seems perfectly good for the purpose you declare a couple of posts above.

11. ConElPueblo Dec 28, 2018

Dial looks fine to me. Lugs are somewhat polished.

bucksandreds likes this.
  12. Hnansen Dec 28, 2018

Definitely not a redial and overall a nice example.
    How much are you paying for it?

bucksandreds likes this.
  13. bucksandreds Dec 28, 2018

Over $1000 which I know is a lot but I could buy a decent one for $700 or so on Ebay but, as a gift, I want pristine looks. This example just pops to me. It's not an investment and hopefully is never sold ( who knows if my son will in 40 years?)

14. WYO_Watch Dec 28, 2018

If this is true, than good for you. If it is just another watch, I agree that it is too much.

Lbreak and bucksandreds like this.
  15. bucksandreds Dec 28, 2018

I learned from research that I don't really have the time to find the exact watch I want at "wholesale" prices. Paying a little more and knowing that I'm purchasing an authentic, non frankenwatch, that is the exact look that I want, is worth it in this instance.

TDBK likes this.
  16. Hnansen Dec 28, 2018

I would say that's almost 2x times its market value in a private sale. I assume it's from a dealer?

Edited Dec 28, 2018
    bucksandreds likes this.
  17. bucksandreds Dec 28, 2018

I'm only in the market for the 35mm ones as I want a non collector man to wear it and the 34s and especially 33s are much smaller. To find a 35mm with steel case, gold numbers and hour markers, numbers on the dial, no date function and in this type of condition (all my personal preference) is not easy and I doubt I could ever find one for 1/2 the price being asked but youre right that I would be paying a premium. Oh I also only want 1962 or newer (preferably early 1960s) as there has been new research on radium dials and it's putting out much more radiation than previously believed. I found another one that I liked OK on Chrono 24 for $750 after shipping but seller either barely spoke English or was sketchy and every other watch I've presented until this one has been picked apart over quality. Would rather pay for quality than risk paying half as much and get screwed with junk. Anyone have a Seamaster that they want to sell me?

Edited Dec 28, 2018