Is this as good as it gets for an EW?

Let me ask: do you have first-hand knowledge of what the seller paid for the watch? What if you learned that he over-paid for it, and at the currently listed price, if received, he would have still have lost money? Would he still be greedy?

The problem here is the use of a word that implies one knows someone else’s intent. It could be “ambitiously priced,” “quite a bit over market” but these things can be proven or disproven. Don’t call someone greedy unless you have the complete backstory. And if you know he picked it up cheap, and told you or a friend that,”I can’t wait to make a killing on this thing by seducing these over-enthusiastic Ed White collectors,” then I stand corrected.

This feels largely semantic to me, but I take your point. My common sense tells me that this is a very experienced dealer who probably didn't overpay, but I don't know that for sure.

And in the interest of total accuracy, if you want to be very careful about semantics, I will note that in my previous post, I called "the pricing" of this watch "a bit greedy", which many people would interpret as an informal way of saying the watch was overpriced. I did not actually say that the dealer is greedy per se.
Edited:

It still is just an Ed White with a wrong bezel listed for almost 40k... just to put things in perspective. 🤦

Calling it now, it’ll hit $25k before not too long.

Which raises the interesting question: at what price point does it become reasonable?

Which raises the interesting question: at what price point does it become reasonable?
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so for me, I wouldn’t buy it even it was under $10k. I think “reasonable” is up to what the potential buyer is willing to spend. So maybe when it hits $25k or less, there will be potential buyers? Don’t think anyone will truly know besides Jacek and the end buyer.

Just realized this EW is now cheaper than recently sold Silver Snoopys...

It will become reasonable when the fancy made-up brown service bezel will not add any premium to the price anymore.

It will become reasonable when the fancy made-up brown service bezel will not add any premium to the price anymore.

I’ll go a step further: it not only adds nothing for me, but it’s actually a detraction. Would much prefer it with a nice DON. and I would make that change if I bought it.

I’ll go a step further: it not only adds nothing for me, but it’s actually a detraction.

Certainly ! You have to factor the price of a nice DON in the price to bring this watch to an original appearance...

Or your OCD is as bad as mine and you look for a brown DON like this one 😁

6A6DAF91-BDBD-4A45-9F84-16BB4EAFCA0F.jpeg

In terms of aesthetics, I absolutely love the bezel, it's a one-off, surely it has some value probably not as much as a DON, but it does add value to the package.

As mentioned before, this watch was poorly marketed. Despite receiving enormous publicity on multiple outlets, it simply had unrealistic price tag. Now, it's a waiting game, how low can it go? Assuming the dial, hands and movement is legit, I would love to own this watch in the high teens and maybe even low 20s, DoN or no DoN.

It reminds me of a Rolex Gilt that was listed on OF 3 months ago at an extremely aggressive price ($34K) only to have been sold on ebay last week for about $15K! Stuff happens. Again, I would have loved to own that watch in the low 20's as well, but the seller had unrealistic expectations and the watch became stale on numerous boards.

Happy Turkey Week everyone.....

Happy Turkey Week everyone.....

That was almost a month and a half ago...

Jacek is a salesman. He has been naming damaged watches in order to hype their appeal for years. He is one of the first to sell a cracked dial Rolex sub by naming it a "spider dial" and asking a premium for it. Now a damaged spider dial is requested by collectors. To me its nothing more than damage and a flaw. Heck, he is still selling "blueberry" subs at a premium even though there isnt a shed of proof that they ever existed. Again, its nothing more than an aftermarket insert bringing an extra 20 grand.
Im not saying I dont like Jacek but he is a salesman and is trying to make a buck like everyone else. You just need to do your due diligence when buying any vintage watch.

..I think “reasonable” is up to what the potential buyer is willing to spend...

...and the amount the Seller is willing to let it go for

That too, brotha!

hey! we have to consider both parts of the equation 😀 we have a bunch of accuracy freaks around here 😜

Jacek is a salesman. He has been naming damaged watches in order to hype their appeal for years. He is one of the first to sell a cracked dial Rolex sub by naming it a "spider dial" and asking a premium for it. Now a damaged spider dial is requested by collectors. To me its nothing more than damage and a flaw. Heck, he is still selling "blueberry" subs at a premium even though there isnt a shed of proof that they ever existed. Again, its nothing more than an aftermarket insert bringing an extra 20 grand.
Im not saying I dont like Jacek but he is a salesman and is trying to make a buck like everyone else. You just need to do your due diligence when buying any vintage watch.
Jacek is not selling any Blueberry Gmt, that is HQ milton (and they split last year ) and they still sell GMT with blueberry bezel.
So let's try to keep the fact straight shall we.

Regarding this Omega, i believe that the owner didn't disclosed the bezel insert and that was the cause of the shit show ( he is selling in consignement )
Nontheless, that dial is something nuts (and i love tropical dial and prefer that to a black dial, always) and the price is starting to be more reasonable ( and appropiate to the watch ) compare to were it started.

Jacek is not selling any Blueberry Gmt, that is HQ milton (and they split last year ) and they still sell GMT with blueberry bezel.
So let's try to keep the fact straight shall we.

Regarding this Omega, i believe that the owner didn't disclosed the bezel insert and that was the cause of the shit show ( he is selling in consignement )
Nontheless, that dial is something nuts (and i love tropical dial and prefer that to a black dial, always) and the price is starting to be more reasonable ( and appropiate to the watch ) compare to were it started.

Ok, maybe he isnt selling any currently, but he has sold many in his tenure and its speculation that the whole Blueberry incident is why he left HQ. All my point was is that he has creative ways to pitch and sell damaged and questionable dialed watches. I just checked his web page and there is a Rolex 1603 on there with a somewhat tropical but also paint loss dial that he calls unique and has even called it a "stardust" dial. All I see is a damaged dial IMO.

Ok, maybe he isnt selling any currently, but he has sold many in his tenure and its speculation that the whole Blueberry incident is why he left HQ. All my point was is that he has creative ways to pitch and sell damaged and questionable dialed watches. I just checked his web page and there is a Rolex 1603 on there with a somewhat tropical but also paint loss dial that he calls unique and has even called it a "stardust" dial. All I see is a damaged dial IMO.
Tecnically speaking, tropical dials are damagad dial or defected dials.
The only difference is sometimes happens without external factor, in other case happens due to ( example ) water damage.

Yes, he is very creative in describe the watches, but at least he does the best to not screw people like selling watch with service parts without disclosing it. Yes, this speedy accident was a mess but i tend to blame the owner since in more than one occasion, Jacek told me that Rolex is his stronghold, not Omega. Nobody is perfect.

Cheers.

Oh Btw, i was curious so i look at that 1603, that is an uneven tropical, not a paint loss 😉