Is this a re-dial, or just ugly? (Caliber 26.5 SOB T.2)

I just picked up this Caliber 26.5 SOB T.2, and probably over-paid for it.
It barely runs and will need a full rebuild, but all the parts seem there.

Movement SN: 8327999
Case back SN: 9101345

I am concerned about the dial though. It's looks kind rough - I thought the dial making technology was better than that by 1934?

It's vaguely similar to bits of these two watches posted by another user.
https://omegaforums.net/threads/cal-26-5-sob-t2.52530/
Dial looks like his first watch, case matches the second. (the ebay seller polished the case before selling, don't know why).

Would the dial be original, or a refinish? If the later, is it a vintage refinish, if there is such a thing?
If the vintage pedigree is lost, would this be a good candidate for a new look?

Is this a re-dial, or just ugly?

BOTH

Like 10
haha thank you. What are some creative ideas for giving this watch a new life? (assuming I can service it!)

haha thank you. What are some creative ideas for giving this watch a new life? (assuming I can service it!)
I actually love the 2’s. The “Omega” is a little wonky, which is what immediately gives it away as a redial, but I think this one is in the category of “vintage redials” as you suggest. Is there auch a thing? Let’s say there is! This is a true work of folk art and I hope you keep it just the way it is. (You can find a nicer crown in stainless steel.) If you want a more “serious” Omega, there are many, many examples out there to purchase. Yours is a one of a kind!

"Creative ideas": Hang it up somewhere as a reminder and go out and buy a watch.

Nice Sharpie construct on this one.

I would not waste money servicing the watch, TBH.

I have an example of this case reference with an original dial for comparison:

upload_2024-7-17_20-44-57.png

There are several dial styles on these, but yours isn’t one of them.

gatorcpa

I have a mint condition Cal 371 movement to work on one day - the size was so small I got intimidated, so this might be a good practice watch!

And yes, I love the 2's and 9 too! The fat little second hand might need reconsidering thought

Add a suitable renovation on a tired old watch to what you paid for the watch? My suggestion might be to use this mistake as a reminder, and aim higher in future.