Forums Latest Members
  1. Ted1858 Mar 30, 2020

Hi all,
    Here is a 1930's 31mm 26.5 with a sector dial. After seeing this watch in person, I am seeing some things that don't look correct (and that I should have noticed on seller's photos). This is looking like a re-dial to me, but would like opinions from the experts. Due to the smaller size of the case, these are not noticeable with normal viewing, but the price reflected mint condition/unadulterated. Please let me know what you think, thanks in advance!!

Photo #1: you can see that the distance between the hour markers and the inner circle is not consistent. The distance is quite different for the 12 and 3 markers (in red), and same for the 1 and 4 markers (blue).

InkedDist to inner circle_LI.jpg

Photo #2: there are "gaps" in the minute track where the hour markers were applied (red arrows). Additionally there is some smudge of the minute track near 12 o'clock (blue arrow).

Errors on minute track.jpg

Photo #3: lastly, the hour markers are not centered on the minute track lines for 7 of the markers

markers not centered.jpg

DaveK likes this.
  2. Dr No Mar 30, 2020

Yes.

apsm100 and Ted1858 like this.
  3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Mar 30, 2020

And not a very good one.

apsm100 and Ted1858 like this.
  4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Mar 30, 2020

I think this is a good attempt at a redial, but poorly executed.

Paint is way too thick and some ended up on the sides of the markers. The sub-seconds dial is slightly off center. The font on “Omega” is close to original, but not exact. The symbol is almost dead on.

But in the end it is still a redial.
    gatorcpa

Ted1858 likes this.
  5. Ted1858 Mar 30, 2020

Thank you for the feedback guys. This one is heading back to seller. Learned my lesson on not asking for advice before the purchase.