Is scamming common on this forum.

Posts
1,504
Likes
2,434
99% of WTB posts will get a scammer reply. I’ve begrudgingly posted a few in the past because I needed a specific part. I always wonder why people post WTB for common watches that are for sale everywhere. Do you not like the current asking prices? Do you think somebody will privately email you with a deal below what everybody is asking on the same forum?
 
Posts
2,413
Likes
3,220
Unfortunately, watch forums are a prime target. Higher value items.

We're manually reviewing and vetting every new signup. We've developed entire toolkits just to help deal with scammers and spammers, along with some unconventional ways of running background checks that have helped lately. It'll still never be enough, though, given the volume and how sophisticated some of them are becoming.

For some locations we only see around 1% of signups being legit and not spam/scam related. 🙄