Info on the rear of the current Speedy Pro

Hi Omega Forum!

First post, so please go easy!

Purchased a new Speedmaster saffire sandwich with the 3861 movement from a UK high street retailer. I'm not one for fancy pant boutiques.

I also have a couple of + 20 year old Tag Heur chronographs, very happy I listened to my friend and didn't buy another... Nothing against Tag, but IMHO - the Speedy is a BIG cut above.

Very happy with the watch, although I have recently purchased 2 x Omega NATO leather straps in two shades of brown and an Omega black leather strap and deployant clasp. Didn't even try the original bracelet TBH.

I've been monitoring accuracy, and it seems to be around 2.2 seconds fast per day, so well within tolerance...

Looking at the rear of the watch, the top right lug (if viewed from the front), has a small engraving of the Omega logo and some other stuff around it, none of which is centred... I read in another thread that Omega put an asterisk on watches that were randomly selected for QC, could this be what it is? I have attached an image (my watch is about 2 months old, it looks filthy already, but is worn every day and I sleep with it on...

My question is - what is this?!

Thanks

Both of mine have that and one came from an Omega boutique and one did not. And the NTTD seamaster I got yesterday has it too.
Edited:

Thanks for the replies Gents. Much appreciated.

Best regards to All.

As far as I know, this is now put on all Omega watches, on the back of one of the lugs. It used to be on just ones pulled at random, but now is standard.