In desperate need of some Omega advice!

Dear all,

A few years ago, my father gave me his old Omega de Ville vintage watch. Even though the watch is very dear to me, I somehow managed to lose the back of the case (it is a long story). Only after visiting some watch shops to ask where I could find a new case back, I realised how difficult this is and how much effort it is going to take to solve this problem. All experts told me that it is pretty difficult to find a new case back since Omega doesn't sell them and only a specific type of Omega case backs would fit on my watch. It is now four months since since I lost my case back and I really want to wear my watch again. Someone told me that the serial number probably is 43103200. I have also added some pictures. If there's someone who happens to sell omega case backs/ has experience with this problem/ or just knows a lot about watches, can you please try and help me solve this problem.All information is welcome. It really would mean a lot!

Hi and welcome! I think your best bet is to try searching on ebay for the same watch but not running/damaged for cheap. Then you will have the case back you need. :thumbsup:

To me, it looks more like a ref. 43103100.

If so, the case would be 34.4 mm in diameter not including the crown, and the lug width will be 19 mm.

The case would be part number 1961150, and the case back part number is 112ST1146.

Cheers, Al

If money is no object, you can buy a replacement watch on eBay for about $900, and then transfer the case-back to your watch. If you are patient, you will probably eventually find one for much less.

It also looks like you are missing a case clamp as there is one opposite.
FE1821F6-42B7-45D8-8D66-BD22A5807843.jpeg

Hi and welcome! I think your best bet is to try searching on ebay for the same watch but not running/damaged for cheap. Then you will have the case back you need. :thumbsup:
Needed a caseback for a Geneve 135.041 (mine was damaged)....Did exactly as you suggested, took time and patience, but it worked.