Images that lift your spirits

Images and sounds this evening whilst watching the 'Diamond Jubilee Concert'

In my humble opinion absolutely amazing 👍

83F06DE3-FF2B-44F4-8166-40BBCEA1C64C_1_201_a.jpeg

Hopefully others enjoyed ?

Cheese balls on the beach + Queen's jubilee images and sounds. I'm not quite sure how to process, but I like both. 😀

Ava Gardner taking a selfie ~75 years ago!

ayhst.jpg
Judging by the fact that the flash is not going off, and the reflection in the window behind her, I think some took a picture of her holding a camera. Just my 2 cents.

Judging by the fact that the flash is not going off, and the reflection in the window behind her, I think some took a picture of her holding a camera. Just my 2 cents.

Yes but unusual the Grayflex is mounted on the left of the camera - most images show them on the right. Also is it connected to the camera / has it been used, why the long connection lead. Somone who knows the kit / the full photo shoot set could probably tell a story. Great picture either way and if she had been in star wars, she already knew how to grip a light saber :0)

Isn't it possible that the light in the (rear) mirror was static, and employed to illuminate Gardner, and that the flash on her camera was not actively used?

Isn't it possible that the light in the (rear) mirror was static, and employed to illuminate Gardner, and that the flash on her camera was not actively used?
Possible, and now that I look closer there is what appears to be a watch on the right wrist of a lady sitting on the right side of the frame. So it may have been a “mirror” selfie. 75years after the fact who can say for sure.

So it may have been a “mirror” selfie

I assumed that, and the light seen was used to illuminate her, so no need for a flash.

Lets flippin well see what happens......you do tend to see the flash gun on the right so this is a better match......

Could be a wedding ring / jewellery match on the left hand...although she was divorced in 46 and this looks a bit later (but before 51 when she married again). As an aside was was it about Mickey Rooney !!!!
Edited:

This looks to be an apprentice mason's sampler - incorporated in the wall of a barn in Little Langdale

upload_2022-6-6_21-5-28.jpeg

Maybe. But wouldn't her shadow have been thrown in front of her?

Maybe. But wouldn't her shadow have been thrown in front of her?

No. The light was in front of her, and offset (as she was shooting into a mirror). The rear mirror shows the reflection of the light, and the shadow would make sense.

No. The light was in front of her, and offset (as she was shooting into a mirror). The rear mirror shows the reflection of the light, and the shadow would make sense.

Thank you. I see it now