Forums Latest Members

I'm sorry, I couldn't stop laughing.

1. wagudc Dec 3, 2020

I am not familiar with the politics, it does look like a terribly serious situation but this video is too much. The guy holding a fish caracess starts wretching, and I couldn't stop laughing.

And then it goes on.

There are lots of Aussies here. Is this for real?

Maybe the Covid situation is getting to me, but I laughed until I cried watching these, and then I laughed some more.

marco, ZIELSZIEK, Archer and 7 others like this.
  2. JwRosenthal Dec 3, 2020

Archer and wagudc like this.
  3. nanjingcigaretes practicing PMA Dec 4, 2020

Ikr, this is hilarious.

4. machamp6650 Dec 4, 2020

Yeah this is real, big issue earlier in the year. Doesn't stop it from being a bloody funny video though ;)

Actually I think the MP was pretty proud of his work, given that the video seems to be coming from his official YouTube account...

wagudc likes this.
  5. WatchCor Dec 4, 2020

Gosh darnit that made me laugh out loud. Thanks for sharing

wagudc likes this.
  6. Mad Cow Dec 4, 2020

Sad story. ::puke::

wagudc likes this.
  7. LesXL Dec 4, 2020

Oh dear... The soundtrack at the end when the other two men were continuing discussing ... Too much! Haha

Gui13250 and wagudc like this.
  8. McKinley Dec 4, 2020

I couldn't finish the 2nd video. It made me nauseous....then again, I am the one, who as a kid, actually vomited when my sister had the dry heaves.

McK

9. jaguar11 Dec 4, 2020

Ha!!!!!

wagudc likes this.
  10. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Dec 4, 2020

Nothing like a game of pick the city slicker.

Ummm the guy dry retching ;)

Here is one.....

wagudc likes this.
  11. queriver Dec 4, 2020

What a clown. Gotta hand it to him though, not many others would have dived into that stretch of river during the drought. Below is some background about what occurred.
    link: https://www.mdba.gov.au/managing-wa...n/fish-deaths-basin/fish-deaths-lower-darling

And copied from Murray-Darling Basin Authority website>>>

Fish deaths in the Lower Darling
    The Lower Darling was subject to tragic fish death events in December 2018 and January 2019. The large fish death events covered a 40 kilometre stretch of the Darling River, downstream of Menindee Lakes. The exact number of fish deaths is unknown. Anecdotal estimates ranged from hundreds of thousands to at least three million. In considering this issue the independent panel, chaired by Professor Rob Vertessy, concluded that ‘over a million’ fish may have died in the series of fish death events.

Reasons behind fish deaths
    The recent tragic fish deaths in the Lower Darling are a terrible reminder of the effects drought can have on our environment. We are keenly aware of the difficult times many people are facing due to the drought and when things are dry, it’s tough on the whole river system.

We cannot ignore the impacts of drought on the system.

Unfortunately, the main causes of this distressing event are:
    • the lack of water flowing into the northern rivers
    • the impact of many years of over-allocation of precious water resources throughout the entire Basin.
    Lack of water during drought leads to water quality issues, and can provide prime conditions for blue green algae to thrive. When previously high water temperatures drop quickly, as they did recently, algae dies and as it decomposes oxygen levels fall below critical levels, causing the fish to die.

Read the Independent panel’s final report into fish deaths in the lower Darling.
    Mitigating further fish death events
    Basin governments are working together to find solutions that could mitigate further fish death events across the Basin.

Basin Governments are considering:
    • the immediate risk of further fish kills and how we can mitigate that risk, including aeration and possible fish movement
    • if there is water that can be released to improve water quality
    • reviewing federal and state environmental watering priorities, to see if adaptation is needed
    • long-term strategies to mitigate fish death events of this extent.
    Operation of Menindee Lakes
    There is a written agreement where New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia and the Australian Government directs the Murray–Darling Basin Authority (MDBA) to call water from the Menindee Lakes to meet consumptive and environmental needs.

In 1963, the New South Wales Government agreed with the Australian, Victorian and South Australian governments that water from the lakes could be shared to meet downstream water needs, when the volume of the lakes rises above 640 GL and until it drops below 480 GL.

When the Lakes rise above 640 GL, the MDBA can direct water to be released from the Lakes to meet downstream demand. The MDBA refers control to New South Wales when storage drops below 480 GL.

The MDBA calls on water to fulfil New South Wales, Victorian and South Australian entitlements when there is water in the Menindee lakes. When the MDBA operates the Lakes, it draws water from this storage first. This is because Dartmouth and Hume dams are more efficient as they don't have the high evaporation rates of the Menindee Lakes.

Menindee Lakes can hold up to 2,050 gigalitres and is estimated on average to lose 426 gigalitres a year to evaporation, and up to 700 gigalitres a year when the lakes are full. Dartmouth Dam, by comparison can hold up 3850 gigalitres with net evaporation of close to zero.

The Menindee Lakes are currently under the sole control of New South Wales and have been carefully managed since December 2017. New South Wales is responsible for operating the lakes to meet local needs, including those at Broken Hill and downstream along the Lower Darling River, and also during flood events.

M'Bob likes this.
  12. M'Bob Dec 4, 2020

That second video is maybe the funniest thing I have ever seen.

wagudc likes this.
  13. wagudc Dec 4, 2020

Thanks for all the info. We have had similar problems with mass fish die offs in California. One cannot doubt the politician's commitment to the bit. I think video of the river and dead fish was more than enough to communicate the issue. Why he felt he had to hold on to the rotting corpse is beyond me.

JwRosenthal likes this.
  14. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 4, 2020

Props to the person doing the closed captioning...

Fish stink.jpg

They captured the sounds pretty well I think! :):thumbsup:

That was hilarious - thanks for posting!

15. Lostpuppy116 Dec 4, 2020

Reminds me of the time my client puked while on the phone with me, while discussing important matters of the case. He "soldiered" through it. Heard the toilet splash and all. Then it happened again. Good times.

JwRosenthal and wagudc like this.
  16. M'Bob Dec 5, 2020

Reminds of this: