If You Could Have Only One . . .

We can probably all agree that you should get both. 😀

...or both for each of us that are so kindly & freely giving of our time in this thread.

Have had the Ed White since March 2022 and it's just as special today as it was when it landed on my door step via FedEx. Size, feel, look, bracelet is just perfect for me, winding it is a pleasure without the crown guards, and like all 321s the chrono action feels softer, more vintage, than the cam operated versions made since 1968. It could easily be an all day, every day Speedmaster, it's just an easy watch to wear, have it on right now. Out of my 12 Speedmasters it would easily be the sole keeper if I had to get down to just one, and I have a 3861, Trilogy, ST1 and ST2, a Rising Sun, and a trio of really nice Adam Lewis modded Speedmasters in the collection. Ed White at the top of the heap.

I just can't get interested in the latest Snoopy (Snoopy 2 is another matter), it just seems too much of a gimmick watch and a bit over hyped with the Snoopy angle. It's a nice looking watch but not something that pulls at me as a 'must have' item in my collection. Was offered a BNIB one a few months ago (slightly below current market prices) but passed on it as I know it wouldn't get much wrist time. But I'm happy to see those that have one enjoying theirs, everyone's different. For those that like the blue dial looks I'd buy a LE CK2998 blue dial version that came out a few years ago, I really liked that dial. Had one but sold it to help fund the EW.

Really don't get the whole Snoopy thing.. I mean I know the story but I wouldn't want it on my watch..
Would make me feel like I'm wearing a Disney watch..

I had to think about this for exactly zero seconds. Ed White all day. Classic straight lug Speedmaster in a modern watch. I’m a sucker for long indices. Ceramic bezel. Slightly smaller case. Beautiful flat link bracelet. It’s the best.

Edit: Just remembered they also figured out the sapphire with no milk ring.

Omega marketing is getting turned on by your comment.

I think @MTROIS might have both?

It's a tough call, and I think it depends what you have in your collection. If you have one or more vintage speedies, will the 321 feel significantly different?

Can't go wrong either way. The snoopy is really fun. I think I'd grab that if I had a choice between the two. But then, I tend to really like having playful, quirky things in my collection.
Nope, I don’t own both, only the Snoopy.
Would probably be a tough pick if I would be given the choice between these two but given that I already have a cal. 321 and no crown guard with my 2998, that blue is my favorite color, that I really enjoy the details on the doggy option… I believe that in the end I would still pick the Apollo 13.
If this is about a ONE watch collection (or ONLY chronograph)… then new Ed White.
I know. Not helpful at all. 😜

Ed White, mostly for the aesthetics, and not the Snoopy for the same reasons, as a matter of fact.

Snoopy has a fun caseback, but so does the EW in an obviously different way.

EW really is an AD/ED kind of watch that flies on nobody’s but watch nerd’s radar, and is about the only thing I could see myself going to the GM just to be done with the lusting.

I have the current Snoopy to commemorate Apollo 13, and I want the new EW to commemorate the first American spacewalk. Get them both, final answer ::psy::

I'm in the Ed White camp.

I've never owned either choice, but only a plain vanilla Speedmaster so what do I know?