If You Could Have Only One . . .

Between the new Ed White 321 and the current Snoopy, which would it be and why? I'm contemplating that possibility and at the moment I think that I'm leaning toward the Ed White, but I have to admit that the Snoopy is pretty cool. Any of you seriously privileged members have both? If so, your favorite is?

Own neither, so for whatever it's worth - poor person opinion who must dwell in the land of "10k & under for New" and 7k & under for pre-owned" inbound...

Ed White 100% ~ classic, legendary, timeless, desired & desirable, understated while hoisting serious "Bro, your Daytona makes me laugh" testicles yet is just another Speedy to the uninitiated (which is a good thing).

Even better? If ya buy it: wearing the Ed all day, everyday, for everything ~ as the lil' baby jesus intended.
Downside: the cost & availability can make owners weird with not wearing it often, babying it, getting all Smeagol with it.
And, from what I understand -- an issue with it involves stupid crazy wait times with repairs in Switzerland by a crack team of tree elves that reside in an underground lair protected by Roger Federer's personal accountant.

I won't go into the myriad of reasons I think the Snoopy is not the choice so as not to offend the Snoopy owners that have poor taste*.

*Kidding, chill out.

Between the new Ed White 321 and the current Snoopy, which would it be and why? I'm contemplating that possibility and at the moment I think that I'm leaning toward the Ed White, but I have to admit that the Snoopy is pretty cool. Any of you seriously privileged members have both? If so, your favorite is?

I thought we weren't shopping???? HMMMMMM?????????? That escalated quickly.

Get the Ed White and a Blue Lunar Pilot in the new smol size.

I thought we weren't shopping???? HMMMMMM?????????? That escalated quickly.

Get the Ed White and a Blue Lunar Pilot in the new smol size.
This could work to your benefit, Erric. It means that I'd have to sell some more stuff. And no, you can't have the Ranchero. :whipped:

This could work to your benefit, Erric. It means that I'd have to sell some more stuff. And no, you can't have the Ranchero. :whipped:

drooooooool ..... i already have the ones saved on my phone that I've been eyeing up as we text back and forth

Having tried both the Ed White is the pure collectors option which ticks so many boxes.
I did try on a Snoopy in London with @SpeedyPhill , interested in his take. It is a fun and funky watch. I always wished the command module was on a rotating invisible disk rather than a visible hand but that’s just being pedantic. It looks amazing and has a lot of hidden details like in the strap. It’s the fashion choice maybe but I am sticking with the solid original new improved yet vintage tool watch choice …Ed White all the way and a Snoopy if I ever get enough money again …. Although there is the Canopus gold……..
Edited:

I am partial to the Snoopy. I like the cartoon dog.

I have a 861 Speedy. As much as I would like a 321 I already have the classic look.

Then there are all the project watches I got over the winter ...

Hi,

that is a difficult question! I would maybe go with 321 as well … but: If you have to complete
a trilogy of Snoopy 1 + 2 + 3 than go with the Snoopy (that’s what I did).

For everyday use both fulfill the same criteria in my eyes - so it is just a question of taste. In
the eyes of a collector I have to say; Go and get both 😎

BR
Hans

I had to think about this for exactly zero seconds. Ed White all day. Classic straight lug Speedmaster in a modern watch. I’m a sucker for long indices. Ceramic bezel. Slightly smaller case. Beautiful flat link bracelet. It’s the best.

Edit: Just remembered they also figured out the sapphire with no milk ring.

I think @MTROIS might have both?

It's a tough call, and I think it depends what you have in your collection. If you have one or more vintage speedies, will the 321 feel significantly different?

Can't go wrong either way. The snoopy is really fun. I think I'd grab that if I had a choice between the two. But then, I tend to really like having playful, quirky things in my collection.

It will be Snoopy for me. I have 1000 posts here and still can’t tell the difference between any 2 black speedies.

At some point “but wait, look closer” just won’t do it anymore.

The reason I'd go for the Ed White 321 is frankly because I'm too much of a snob to wear clothes or watches with cartoon characters on them. I have a strong need inside me to be taken seriously.

-Banana

321s are a dime a dozen. I would much rather have one from the '60s than a new one (and I do). Snoopy all the way.

The Snoopy is a good story. People will think you are a Peanuts fan (a la Timex), but those who really know 321s and NASA will know what it symbolizes. Let the unwashed masses think what they want 😁

Own neither, so for whatever it's worth - poor person opinion who must dwell in the land of "10k & under for New" and 7k & under for pre-owned" inbound...

Preowned under $7k but retailed new over $10k is a fun challenge.

To answer OPs question. For me, the unique case back of the Snoopy is the real difference maker. It's awesome and one of a kind.

This debate is NOT helping. 🙁 Was hoping for a total smackdown in favor of one over the other. ::facepalm1::

FWIW, it would the Ed White for me. 👍

This debate is NOT helping. 🙁 Was hoping for a total smackdown in favor of one over the other. ::facepalm1::
We can probably all agree that you should get both. 😀