[Identify] Can you please identify if this is a genuine Omega and its value?

Posts
6
Likes
0
Hello! Merry Christmas to you! I am looking to buy this vintage watch. Its a hand-winding cal 267 (ref BK 2893-1). The case back has 'PLAQUE OR', which I believe is an indication that its a gold plated case.

Can you please confirm if its a genuine Omega watch? It would be great if you can give me a ball park figure in terms of its value. TIA!

 
Posts
18,302
Likes
27,671
Gold plated around 1956.

I’d say it’s worth a couple hundred US.
 
Posts
13,627
Likes
18,979
Looks like a Portuguese watch with that big chunk taken out of the top left lug. They did that to show customs was paid. Quite ugly.

Dial in bad shape. Full of bubbles. Could be water damage. I agree with @Foo2rama on value.
gatorcpa
 
Posts
3,578
Likes
13,519
I’d say it’s worth a couple hundred US.

Agreed, and „a couple“ can be taken quite literally here. Don’t think this would fetch 300$ in an open auction.