Forums Latest Members

Can you please help identify this Bumper movement Sub Second Gold Omega

1. sgoody1 Jun 26, 2018

Can anyone please help identify this watch. It looks to be gold and has the bumper movement, which feels very deliberate.
    I have tried to take some photos of the small hallmark on one of the lugs, but I really cant make out what it says but it looks like a symbol rather than any number.
    Any insights greatly appreciated. IMG_6676.JPG IMG_4554.JPG IMG_4555.JPG IMG_4556.JPG IMG_4557.JPG IMG_4558.JPG IMG_4561.JPG IMG_4562.JPG IMG_4563.JPG

2. Fialetti Jun 26, 2018

Looks to be late 40s/early 50s and in nice condition; but I will wait for more experience members to weigh in. Shots of the hallmark, movement and the inside caseback would be helpful, of course.

Try shining light indirectly onto the watch using a reflective surface, and/or using daylight. That way, your camera will not lose so much detail.

3. sgoody1 Jun 26, 2018

Thanks - might have another go tomorrow in the daylight.
    I dont want to open it up, I really am not sure how, and would not want to damage it.
    I may take it to an auction house who could help value it, and open it up for me?

4. Fialetti Jun 26, 2018

You could. But a watchmaker or jeweller that services watches should be able to do the same, and might be easier to get to.
    As to how it's done, the process is described here. But it's definitely best avoided without the right tool.

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 27, 2018

Good description of how not to open a snap on case back - you should never pry...

The tool should be used as a wedge, not a prybar.

Fialetti, BenBagbag and Tony C. like this.
  6. Fialetti Jun 27, 2018

Oops...guess I should have read that to the end.