Forums Latest Members
  1. PASkinner Jun 8, 2020

Hi Everyone,

New to the forum. I just got a watch from my Dad, and it was his father's before then. My Grandfather isn't around any more and my dad doesn't know the story behind it. I have been trying to do some research, and to my unexperienced eye the watch looks a little like a Seamaster DeVille from what I can find online, but it doesn't have the name written on it anywhere.

Any help on the ID would be great.

IMG_5714.jpg IMG_5713.jpg IMG_5720.jpg
  2. Dan S Jun 8, 2020

Many Omega models didn't have a particular name like Seamaster or DeVille. To have any hope of getting identifying information, it would help if you could start with some better photos. Here are some suggestions. Forget about the bracelet. Just take good in-focus photos of the watch itself in good bright natural lighting and crop them to size so they fill the screen. If a photo is out of focus, like the last one showing the dial, don't post it, just delete it and keep taking more photos until you get some good ones. Ultimately, you will probably need to have a watchmaker open the watch so you can take photos of the inside, since that's where the information is.