hermuxandterfle
·Hello!
I am really grateful in advance for any help that you can give my family.
We found this very small (~1.25inch) Omega pocket watch in my great-grandmother's things. We will never want to sell this, as it is priceless to our family, but we have very little information about it (and her) and would love to know more.
What we know: owned by my grandmother (lived 1880s-1940s in Yugoslavia, though she may have gotten this elsewhere?). As far as I know, it has been in my family since it was made.
If I click the crown the front opens to reveal the watch face, which doesn't have a glass cover (anymore?). I believe it's enamel. The backside clearly must open (there's a second hinge!), and there's evidence someone tried to jimmy it open, but I barely see/feel the seam on some parts of the circumference. I unfortunately cannot get in to see the movement (I honestly don't trust anyone to open this--I realize that is going to limit the amount of help you may be able to give me, and am sorry for that). It's got some weird, agressive scratches inside the front cover in several places--not sure why. But the case number is clearly: #3284836.
We would be so grateful for: dating, identification, model #, material (gold?), or any other information that comes to mind when you see this.
Thank you so much in advance for your time, help, and expertise! Hope you have a lovely weekend.
I am really grateful in advance for any help that you can give my family.
We found this very small (~1.25inch) Omega pocket watch in my great-grandmother's things. We will never want to sell this, as it is priceless to our family, but we have very little information about it (and her) and would love to know more.
What we know: owned by my grandmother (lived 1880s-1940s in Yugoslavia, though she may have gotten this elsewhere?). As far as I know, it has been in my family since it was made.
If I click the crown the front opens to reveal the watch face, which doesn't have a glass cover (anymore?). I believe it's enamel. The backside clearly must open (there's a second hinge!), and there's evidence someone tried to jimmy it open, but I barely see/feel the seam on some parts of the circumference. I unfortunately cannot get in to see the movement (I honestly don't trust anyone to open this--I realize that is going to limit the amount of help you may be able to give me, and am sorry for that). It's got some weird, agressive scratches inside the front cover in several places--not sure why. But the case number is clearly: #3284836.
We would be so grateful for: dating, identification, model #, material (gold?), or any other information that comes to mind when you see this.
Thank you so much in advance for your time, help, and expertise! Hope you have a lovely weekend.