I got Doxa’d today

While on vacation I picked up some raspberry gin and discovered a gin, lime and ginger beer cocktail. Shortly thereafter I discovered a local auction and… 😁

36 and 33mm

IMG_0585.jpeg

This is my first Doxa, and first patina watch. though it needs a proper fitting strap, I think I’ll keep with yellow. The case has some wear, so I’ll see if a donor can be located when I have time to open it up.

IMG_0589.jpeg
I really like that patina 😎

There is a thread for shopping under the influence- but the raspberry gin may need its own sub-thread.

Dave, I love that dial. It has some character. I wouldn't try to find a better case, I'd just wear that one as a nice beater.

There is a thread for shopping under the influence- but the raspberry gin may need its own sub-thread.
There may be data to suggest that certain drinks have better purchasing outcomes. It will be interesting to run the data.

Dave, I love that dial. It has some character. I wouldn't try to find a better case, I'd just wear that one as a nice beater.
Good point, it’s grown on me in the hour I’ve been sitting with it.

There may be data to suggest that certain drinks have better purchasing outcomes. It will be interesting to run the data.
Perhaps further experimentation is required. I’m assuming that the more flavored the gin, the more colorful the straps and dials. Perhaps something classic like Tanqueray leads to more austere dress watches and Beefeater buys old man watches on stretchy bracelets.

Perhaps further experimentation is required. I’m assuming that the more flavored the gin, the more colorful the straps and dials. Perhaps something classic like Tanqueray leads to more austere dress watches and Beefeater buys old man watches on stretchy bracelets.
😅

And I gotta say, that gin was worth it
IMG_0591.jpeg