I got so close, but they wouldn't let me touch it.

Posts
318
Likes
339
I went to the Omega Boutique in the Taipei and saw a Snoopy in person for the first time. I asked but they wouldn't take it out of the case to hold it. This is probably the closest I'll ever get to touching or owning one. Enjoy the pics I took.

 
Posts
7,316
Likes
23,709
Gotta be honest: sort of a let down, after reading the title…
 
Posts
318
Likes
339
Gotta be honest: sort of a let down, after reading the title…

Why a let down?
 
Posts
714
Likes
720
Gotta find a better strip club that lets you play with it.

I mean, boutique**
 
Posts
783
Likes
1,350
Yep...the Omega Boutique in Beverly Hills also has a similar case. Unfortunatetly, they are not allowed to take it out to show clients. Look, but don't touch...
 
Posts
291
Likes
1,961
Likely sold and awaiting delivery.
 
Posts
783
Likes
1,350
Likely sold and awaiting delivery.
Nope. It is strictly for display. Those watches are not for sale to anybody. That's what the OB Manager told me.
 
Posts
143
Likes
151
Nope. It is strictly for display. Those watches are not for sale to anybody. That's what the OB Manager told me.

Everything is for sale.
 
Posts
3,257
Likes
23,315
Makes sense it's a display only and they don't want to take it out, but too bad because the fun part is on the back.

 
Posts
783
Likes
1,350
Everything is for sale.
Not really...the Rolex watched you see at ADs are "exhibition only"...not for sale. The display Snoopys are probably the same...which is why they are not removed from the displays.
 
Posts
281
Likes
388
Everything is for sale.

Good luck with that. I tried to buy a 24 Hour Le Mans winner Rolex Daytona on display at Le Mans this year at the Rolex pop-up shop and museum at the track and they told me they wouldn't even take it out of the case to look at lol.

edit: pic I took

 
Posts
143
Likes
151
Not really...the Rolex watched you see at ADs are "exhibition only"...not for sale. The display Snoopys are probably the same...which is why they are not removed from the displays.

Despite what the AD/SA may tell the majority of customers, the exhibition pieces are eventually sold. Just like these Snoopy watches on display - they’re not going back to Switzerland. I’d be very surprised if they were not eventually sold.
 
Posts
143
Likes
151
Good luck with that. I tried to buy a 24 Hour Le Mans winner Rolex Daytona on display at Le Mans this year at the Rolex pop-up shop and museum at the track and they told me they wouldn't even take it out of the case to look at lol.

edit: pic I took


I would have tried as well! Just because you or I can’t buy it, doesn’t mean it’s not for sale. As sure as the sun will come up tomorrow, that watch is for sale. Just to the “right” customer…in the eyes of the AD.
 
Posts
787
Likes
6,746
You forgot to wave dollar bills around and ask to be taken to the VIP room. That's where the magic happens. 😉
 
Posts
4,041
Likes
8,736
You forgot to wave dollar bills around and ask to be taken to the VIP room. That's where the magic happens. 😉
Gold bars and 10,000 dollar bills and you get to see the ultra special VIP room.
 
Posts
3,281
Likes
9,859
Why all the fuss? Its just a Speedy with a cartoon dog on it! 😗
 
Posts
7,772
Likes
14,363
Why all the fuss? Its just a Speedy with a cartoon dog on it! 😗
When people are told they can't have something it makes them want it even more. In 2019 Omega was able to turn out 6,969 pcs of the Apollo 11 with little issue with the new 3861 movement. No long queues and people got their watches within six months.. Now Omega drips these out over years, making many people pay for them upon ordering, making them believe these are difficult to make. Just marketing and game playing by the new Omega.
Edited: