I got Doxa’d today - pursue it as a project?

While on vacation I picked up some raspberry gin and discovered a gin, lime and ginger beer cocktail. Shortly thereafter I discovered a local auction and… 😁

36 and 33mm

This is my first Doxa, and first patina watch. though it needs a proper fitting strap, I think I’ll keep with yellow. The case has some wear, so I’ll see if a donor can be located when I have time to open it up.

I really like that patina 😎

There is a thread for shopping under the influence- but the raspberry gin may need its own sub-thread.

Dave, I love that dial. It has some character. I wouldn't try to find a better case, I'd just wear that one as a nice beater.

There is a thread for shopping under the influence- but the raspberry gin may need its own sub-thread.
There may be data to suggest that certain drinks have better purchasing outcomes. It will be interesting to run the data.

Dave, I love that dial. It has some character. I wouldn't try to find a better case, I'd just wear that one as a nice beater.
Good point, it’s grown on me in the hour I’ve been sitting with it.

There may be data to suggest that certain drinks have better purchasing outcomes. It will be interesting to run the data.
Perhaps further experimentation is required. I’m assuming that the more flavored the gin, the more colorful the straps and dials. Perhaps something classic like Tanqueray leads to more austere dress watches and Beefeater buys old man watches on stretchy bracelets.

Perhaps further experimentation is required. I’m assuming that the more flavored the gin, the more colorful the straps and dials. Perhaps something classic like Tanqueray leads to more austere dress watches and Beefeater buys old man watches on stretchy bracelets.
😅

And I gotta say, that gin was worth it

There is a thread for shopping under the influence-

can someone link to the thread for me please?

There is a thread for shopping under the influence-

can someone link to the thread for me please?
The new search feature works pretty well:

sorry relatively new to the forum and to tech. thanks for the assist.

sorry relatively new to the forum and to tech. thanks for the assist.
I wouldn’t call 4 years “new”

Maybe neo-vintage?
I thought I was neo-vintage until I realized Sqeeze and U2 were playing on the classic rock stations 🙁

I thought I was neo-vintage until I realized Sqeeze and U2 were playing on the classic rock stations 🙁
That reminds me of the first time I realized I was enjoying the music in an elevator, a muzac version of some Bowie song.

That reminds me of the first time I realized I was enjoying the music in an elevator, a muzac version of some Bowie song.
When the “yacht rock radio” station debuted on satellite radio it started as a joke- I tuned in and had some laughs with my wife about the cheesy 70’s-80’s soft rock hits…it’s #1 on my presets in the car now. I love me some Bozz Scaggs, Ambrosia and Toto. If you told the 25 year old Sabbath/Zeppelin/Metallica listening me that I was listening to this stuff and loving it he would have smacked me.

I wouldn’t call 4 years “new”
reminds me of those what's the biggest airport - by what metric? number of runways? number of plane takeoffs and landings? number of passengers?

me < 180 posts
JwR > 15000 posts

😀

Maybe neo-vintage?
I do like Lange Sohne watches and quite a few are now neo-vintage

reminds me of those what's the biggest airport - by what metric? number of runways? number of plane takeoffs and landings? number of passengers?

me < 180 posts
JwR > 15000 posts

😀
Quality my friend- not quantity.