Forums Latest Members

Hype Experience AU - Bioceramic Speedmaster

1. DiverTrust Mar 26, 2022

See the bidding on eBay right now in AUD ~$6K

An interesting contemplation…

1) These go they way of Dior Nikes and the masses will never have them. They sell for as much or more than a regular Moonwatch. This doesn’t really impact Swatch as they continue to sell their main lines. It also doesn’t impact Omega as they will be limited and the rest of the collection will hold value/be un-interrupted pleasing loyal Omega owners/customers.

2) The masses get unlimited numbers. Noting this no one really wants one as everyone has one. Sales thus don’t get the execs new jets. Omega owners and potential Omega buyers reconsider purchasing as everyone and their brother has an Omega on their wrist. Sales decline quickly.

Note: Im not an economist and am new/amateur to all this. Also Swatch is walking back the online sales rhetoric. My money is on scenario #1.

I also see that a number of Omega customers potential/current are off the brand now from what I’m reading. My SKX went on the wrist this morning, lol. Definitely some high level discussions happening right now at the Swatch group. What do you think will happen?

PS Some great conversations and insights happening in this thread!!!

4EB7BB3F-3E19-48AA-AE13-98116E16AC40.jpeg
  2. jets Mar 26, 2022

Some peoples children.

3. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Mar 27, 2022

Bioceramic has been used in clinical applications...
    I guess it can be recycled ... this is 2022 after all and recyclability becomes important
    upload_2022-3-27_12-4-58.png
    2022_Recycle.jpg

Travelller and marpro like this.
  4. Owlsu Mar 27, 2022

Is anyone surprised by the age range of all the people in the photos that keep getting posted of these watches being released?

I don't exactly know what kind of age I expected the people to be but they all look like late teen/early twenties kids.

I know they're not actually real Omegas but I didn't expect the people buying them to look like the typical street wear hype crowd queuing up for a Supreme/Yeezy release.

Got to question how many of these are going to turn into potential Omega buyer's down the line and how many are just there for a quick flip for profit online purchase.

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 27, 2022

It’s about what I had expected, most Omega owners were young once, one of our moderators became a moderator here while still a teenager and when @Trev and I started this site I was only 22 years old. It’s a key demographic to court really.

Trev, Owlsu, Larry S and 8 others like this.
  6. M'Bob Mar 27, 2022

To compound the issue, I hear fakes are already being manufactured. Problem is, apparently, that they’re having trouble sourcing materials of low enough quality to make the prototypes look authentic…

JimInOz, redpcar, ChiefMark and 4 others like this.
  7. Gixnic Mar 27, 2022

The Swatch group royally screwed this up. You can expect millions of new fakes in the next few months and since these Swatches have no serial numbers, it’ll be difficult to tell the difference between a real one or a fake.

8. Jayrock26v2 Mar 27, 2022

people buying these over retail will get a reality check when they pop up on their website for everyone to have in a few days to weeks... imagine paying 6k for a plastic omega everyone will soon be able to have ;) patience isn't a thing these days I guess. or common sense

9. JwRosenthal Mar 27, 2022

Not to mention that they won’t even get it before it goes live on the Swatch website…assuming it does.

cvalue13 likes this.
  10. Jayrock26v2 Mar 29, 2022

Hahahah true, although i do think people will be quick on the draw and they will sell out online a few times before people can get one at retail

JwRosenthal likes this.