Forums Latest Members

How to buy a good Vacheron Patrimony?

1. b-lilja Aug 30, 2020

I really like these in 18k gold, and have been thinking about tracking one down (specifically from my birth year, '66). I am having a hard time finding good information on these - any thoughts about how to track down a really clean one would be appreciated. Good sources, and sources of info? Feels like could be a bit of a minefield.

Thanks in advance.

2. Marsimaxam Aug 31, 2020

I believe the VC Patrimony line had a number of models, first decide on the exact model you are looking for, then put up WTB on a variety of vintage watch forums, contact dealers in the grey market who sell vintage watches ( do a search if you don't know of any), check auction houses that specialize in selling watches and ask if they will notify you if one comes up for sale. Hell, maybe even eBay. I'm not familiar with the 1966 version of the watch, but, if your patient, take your time... you will find the watch.
    Good Hunting.

3. mikeo1 Aug 31, 2020

I believe serial number for 60's vacherons would be in the 550,000 range. Always quite a few on e-bay. Vacheron does provide certificates of authenticity so I'd look for one already accompanied with a certificate.

Marsimaxam likes this.
  4. b-lilja Sep 2, 2020

Thanks both of you! Very helpful. I'm definitely taking my time with this one.

5. slwoodster Sep 3, 2020

Would VC be able to provide archive info?

6. mikeo1 Sep 3, 2020

7. slwoodster Sep 4, 2020