Forums Latest Members

What is the best approach to buy a New Omega Seamster Planet Ocean?

1. gladiamhere Jan 2, 2017

Boy, am i glad I found this forum. New member and first time posting here. Apologies in advance if this is a repeated/commonly discussed topic. I've been drooling over Omega watches for the past 24 months especially since the Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 232.30.42.21.01.001. Finally, I'm now a lot closer to realizing this dream. I'd like to understand what would some of the watch experts would recommend as the best approach to buy a New Omega Seamster Planet Ocean. I'd really like to explore the newer Planet Oceans as well especially the Liquid Metal or the Black on Black Ceramic but these may be out of my range.

We have an Omega Boutique in Houston but I'm not sure if they will be willing to negotiate on the price. I'd like to stay away from Black Market resellers such as Ashford or Jomashop primarily due to warranty concerns on a high ticket item such as this. Do the local Jewelry shops offer better prices in comparison to the Omega Boutique? Are there any online resellers that provide original Omega Warranty and are 100% authentic and reputable? How would you guys approach finding the right balance between a good price and Omega's original warranty and authenticity?

Appreciate your feedback in advance ....

2. ATWG Jan 2, 2017

Hello and welcome. There are certain sellers here on the forum that sell BNIB with Omega warranty. Just be patient and one may come along, or go to the sales section and PM them.....you'll know who they are.

Boutique very rarely discounts, better take some KY with you, you will need it.

Good luck!

gladiamhere and Foo2rama like this.
  3. TMas Jan 2, 2017

I know Omega makes tool watches for diving, racing and space travel professionals, but I didn't realize they made a watch specific to the art of sewing and tailors.

2damoon likes this.
  4. Sunstealer73 Jan 2, 2017

I just bought one from Timeless Luxury Watches in Frisco, TX. I think that's pretty close to you. They're an AD and gave me an excellent discount and good service.

gladiamhere likes this.
  5. korenje Jan 2, 2017

you might want to buy the latest PO instead of that. I suggest 43,5mm. which is also a master chronometer.

gladiamhere likes this.
  6. david85 Jan 2, 2017

I got a new PO a few months ago from timeless watches in frisco a couple months ago. Great guys to deal with. But frisco is about 7 hours from Houston. They will do deals over the phone. The boutiques will really not negotiate on price. So going the AD route is usually better or finding someone online. A lot of the people on the forum will swear by chi town watches too.

gladiamhere likes this.
  7. gladiamhere Jan 3, 2017

Thank you, guys! I will check with Timeless Watches. Chi Town seems to have great prices as well. Any other thoughts or tips?

8. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 3, 2017

You might try Topper watches/Jewelers in San Francisco bay area. They are an AD and ship all over. They usually provide good discounts if asked. Aske for Rob, one of the owners. 888-730-2221 or 650-347-2221

gladiamhere, b-16707 and danicycle like this.
  9. danicycle Jan 3, 2017

I'm in the same boat and location! (Houston).. thanks for asking the question in advance.

gladiamhere likes this.
  10. Blacksmith Jan 3, 2017

Hello and welcome to Omega Forums, some people get emotionally attached to watches they see on the web and buy without trying on this is often a big mistake.
    My advise to you would be go to the OB enjoy the free coffee and try on every watch you like. I recently did this with my heart set on a Planet Ocean but just could not live with the thickness and weight on my wrist. I tried on that many other watches I got confused and left that day with out buying anything.
    Do the home work in person choose the right watch for yourself worry about getting the best deal later.

11. WatchWarlock Jan 3, 2017

I was at the OB in NYC and was smitten over the orange PO. Though I made it clear I wasn't ready to purchase, after going through the numbers and showing interest/hesitancy to pull the trigger the rep asked if I wanted him to see if I could get a "buy today" discount. Part of this is sales technique to build impulse, but the other part of this demonstrates discounts can be had. If you value the boutique experience, you might pay a premium over an AD. Just depends what you are looking for.

uvalaw2005, Wetworks and gladiamhere like this.
  12. gladiamhere Jan 4, 2017

Thank you for all your great suggestions.

13. uvalaw2005 Jan 5, 2017

That's the first I've heard of an OB discount being offered. I love the OB experience but have never walked in there expecting to buy a watch given the discounts available elsewhere. A NY phenomena or a sign of things to come?

gladiamhere likes this.
  14. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 5, 2017

Normally the discount in the USA is a little bit of the sales tax.

In the UK its ZERO!

gladiamhere likes this.
  15. Mr Gadget Jan 6, 2017

Agreed. No chance of a discount in Omega stores in London. Would be interested to know where the best place to get a discount from an authorized dealer?

16. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Jan 6, 2017

Here now we have an offer till end of the month ( from AD )

Buy any watch for full price and get a voucher for have price. Waooooo man thats an amazing.

So if i buy a planet ocean deep black for 10000 usd i will get a voucher for 5000..

Just thinking now if i will ba capable to dpend more!

17. foxglove Jan 6, 2017

I'm in Houston and order most of mine from David SW. The experience is simply seamless. He can source any brand new Omega (and others) and also has a robust preowned selection. All new come from Omega AD's he has relationships with and you get great pricing through him without haggling. Of course all are full box/papers/ AD stamped / AD dated, etc, no funny business at all with great pricing across the board.

Get in contact with him -- you'll love dealing with him. http://davidsw.com/

best
    foxglove

Bbrenn22 and gladiamhere like this.
  18. gladiamhere Jan 6, 2017

19. GazzaK Jan 7, 2017

IMG_0106.JPG IMG_0112.JPG IMG_0093.JPG
    I've this watch coming to me for my 40th next month. Partner bought it for me direct from omega (family member works for the group) and have to say it's the (imho) nicest one.

gladiamhere, Nobel Prize and Omeg@007 like this.
  20. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Jan 7, 2017

gladiamhere likes this.