How does this 145.012-67 look?

Posts
1
Likes
0
Just dipping my toes into vintage and the oppurtunity presented itself to purchase this one. Not looking for "Is this a good deal bro?" just if it looks right. Cheers

 
Posts
3,605
Likes
7,826
The watch has signs of consistent honest wear. Looks fine to me.
 
Posts
56
Likes
204
I think I can see the Ts on either side of the SWISS MADE extending out to the 28 and 32 seconds markers, which would be correct for a 145.012-67 dial.

The drop end chrono hand turned to a flat end hand somewhere between serial 26.01m and 26.54m in 1968, so you should expect the serial to land somewhere between 24.06m and 26.5m
 
Posts
1,603
Likes
2,717
Has it been serviced recently? The apparent lack of chrono creep on the hour subdial is always a good sign, but unless you've got a definitive bargain, it's worth getting a movement shot for inspection before jumping on the purchase.
 
Posts
13,520
Likes
23,458
Looks correct but not hugely attractive
 
Posts
5,370
Likes
24,518
Look, from a fastidious collectors point of view, it is a bit rubbish. But it is correct rubbish. Indeed, it is original rubbish.

In fact to me it's not rubbish at all, as long as it's cheap. It has correct parts, it's a bit polished on the case back, the bezel is very damaged, but it's correct. The dial may actually be pretty good - and that is the one thing that holds the heart of the value and attraction. Be careful, I cannot tell if the dust spots are that, dust, or spots of damage on the dial, which would dampen my enthusiasm, and make me want it cheaper.

I can find pleasure in almost any speedmaster if the price is low enough to balance out the problems.

This watches problems are that of condition, not authenticity and originality. (Which is a positive)

Owning such a watch, at the right price, will teach its owner far more than trawling the internet.
 
Posts
69
Likes
120
Interesting point of view, Spacefruit, that I would support. In the end it is always the question how much oneself likes the watch, regardless of condition.

For this one, any thoughts on the hour and minute hands? Could my assumption be right the these have been replaced as the lume seems to be differently aged compared to the hour marker lume?
 
Posts
210
Likes
206
I've created an animation so you can better remotely audit the dial.
There is definitely dial dust and potentially scratching on the hour subdial.



Edited:
 
Posts
972
Likes
5,660
If dipping your toe into vintage, my advice is to get something you're not afraid to own and wear. I absolutely love old watches with honest wear. Buying something too perfect can lead to resentment if I feel like the watch owns me more than I own it.

I side with the other members who say this is a good watch for the right price. Is this one a show pony? No it's not.. But it's lived a life and tells a story. I think it looks great and probably just needs a service and bit of cleanup.

Spacefruit sums it up well here:
Owning such a watch, at the right price, will teach its owner far more than trawling the internet.