Forums Latest Members
  1. MPWATCH Watch Lover Nov 21, 2019

Hey OF,

Everyone has their own method of checking out an online reseller. I'm curious to know how OF members go about looking into a companies reputation and what specifically holds the most value to you, the watch buyer.

As an example,

I personally would check the companies Google reviews and quality of the website/photos/description but after that I'm not sure what's next.

Thank you very much for any & all input

Yours truly,

Thomas

2. The_Walrus Nov 21, 2019

There are 'who's who' pages on various forums or even a 'Watch Out' page in TRF.

But essentially the best way to buy a preowned watch is to learn about the reference, ask questions on forums if in doubt and learn what to look out for. The company and its reputation for me is secondary- if not sure always purchase with PayPal buyer protection.

MPWATCH likes this.
  3. Watchout312 Nov 22, 2019

I google the ref#/watch and look for the exact one, then determine who sold it originally, is the current seller using the same pictures etc. As we know watches change hands frequently and contacting the pervious owner or identifying what business originally sold it, can help you with your decision.

“You need to sleuth to get the truth”

MPWATCH likes this.
  4. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Nov 22, 2019

I rarely sell watches, so if anyone asks, I show them my eBay feedback.

Tom

MPWATCH likes this.