How Did You Purchase Your Current Watches?

Posts
1,399
Likes
13,581
OF : 70%
The rest from a mix of other Forum, IG and C24.
 
Posts
13,632
Likes
18,985
eBay - 70%
Dealers - 10%
OF and other fora sales listings- 10%
Other (including members) - 10%

gatorcpa
 
Posts
170
Likes
586
Vintage watches have been about 50/50 from dealers and eBay. Modern watches about 50/50 Ad vs grey market.
 
Posts
3,460
Likes
35,290
21.5% - OF
21.5% - other forums
36% - dealer of some kind
7% - private sale
14% - inherited

So accurate. Just like the watches you worked on.
 
Posts
246
Likes
3,267
30% EBay
20% Chrono24
20% from NAWCC members
30% from dealers
 
Posts
1,181
Likes
1,768
OF - a bunch
Ebay - a few
gift/inhereted - a couple
 
Posts
1,008
Likes
5,859
42% - ADs
53% - online grey dealers (mix of C24 and independent)
5% - private sale

But a relatively small sample size.
 
Posts
8,143
Likes
36,664
Ebay 25%
Local online market place 25%
Auction house 12%
Watchfairs 35%
Dealer 1%
AD 2%
 
Posts
13,935
Likes
54,146
I blame bourbon….
Rough, very rough guess:
-50% via OF sales including member brokers (one in particular) I met via OF.
-20% direct from manufacture.
  • 20% AD
  • 10% non OF dealers
 
Posts
1,465
Likes
6,665
OF - 18%
OEM - 27%
Other forums - 55%

Current collection (not including those to be sold, which are also not included in the numbers above) includes:

Omega - 5
Rolly - 2
SeL - 2
Hanhart - 1
Accutron - 1
 
Posts
4,350
Likes
12,840
Some from members here, some from ebay over the years, some from antique stores amd pawn shops, one will be coming from an NAWCC member soon.
 
Posts
52
Likes
118
Chrono24: 1%
Bricks & mortar auction houses: 60%
Online auctions (not EBay): 35%
Private sales: 4%
 
Posts
62
Likes
336
So, for pre-owned/vintage, most were online via ebay or Chrono24. I did buy a nice Nivada Grenchen (reissue) off of Reddit earlier this year. I also used to go to the NAWCC show but hadn't gone for years. I made up for it this year with a Hamilton Fontainebleau Chrono-matic and a LeCoultre Memovox. Then I bought a Breitling Datora (7734 variety) off of Chrono24 and Zenith El Primero off of WUS. Finally, my most recent watch found me at my local watchmaker, where I was dropping off the Breitling for a service. That was the 1967 Speedmaster 105.012-65.

New watches mainly come from over the web. I did find a great Longines Heritage 1973 chronograph at my local Jared's for half price, BNIB with warranty and everything. Also bought my Oris Divers 65 new from Jared's when they first came out about 10 years ago. Otherwise, I shop on price and will be gray market every time.
 
Posts
1,086
Likes
6,047
4 Pieces from OF members and the rest from AD/OEM boutiques.
 
Posts
30
Likes
89
Considering I manage a pawn shop, I get ZERO percent of the watches I buy from our shop. We are a small shop in a small town and very rarely see anything beyond a Seiko or Citizen. A couple of years ago, we had three Tags, one Omega Planet Ocean and a Ulysse Nardin (all from the same customer). They were sold online.

I get most of mine from ebay, or word of mouth through friends that know I'm a watch guy. There are also a number of nice watches listed on the local firearms forum I am on.
 
Posts
57
Likes
319
As a Canadian I love and appreciate the CWC. If you know you know.
Have used C24 and eBay in the past and just today bought from a member @Eve !