Forums Latest Members

My Current Watch Family... Inc New Addition & With Little Story.

1. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member May 24, 2013

I thought it was about time i posted the family....

When i bought my first Omega, an Americas Cup Chrono in January 2010, little did i know it would become my new passion. The watch was kind of well cared for, with box and papers but it needed a service and a proper polish as it had been done badly.

[​IMG]

Over the course of the next year i was quite happy with it till i tried on the Rolex GMT Master II, so that was bought in Nov '11...

[​IMG]

I was smitten with the GMT II, well until i saw one Omega that i had always wanted, the Speedy Apollo 11 40th Anniversary! Now some of you know i live between Miami and Yorkshire, UK. While i was in the Bahamas visiting my friend in Dec '12 walked in to the local Omega dealer and there it was! Brand new never worn Apollo 11 40TH. The Bahamas is a 40 minute flight so a regular weekend over there is always on the cards.
    After negotiating with the AD i walked out with 40% off!! I used the tactic that it had been there since 2009 and was no longer available so 'NOS'. Omega later gave the dealer a bashing as 40% was wayyy to much discount.

[​IMG]

Then came my Apollo Soyuz from my local AD in Yorkshire. I walked past the window and it was sat in all its glory... With a RRP of £5800 i thought hmmm... After a day deliberating it was bought in Jan '13.

[​IMG]

The next piece was the Aqua Terra that Kendrick posted on this forum, it was on eBay on a BIN auction, it was to tempting to resist - SOLD! That was followed by the Dynamic III off ebay that turned out to be mint also.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I actually spend a lot of time on eBay per day looking for all sorts of stuff, when i spotted the Speedy Snoopy, a brief message later and it was mine for less than he was asking, i had to endure the 5 week wait to get it though as i was in Miami at the time of purchase, Apr '13.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Low and behold a week later i was looking at a Speedy 50th Anniversary Limited Series with the BIG Box and all the tools over in Miami, the asking price was steep but to be fair the watch was mint, but something told me to sit tight, my pryers were answered on eBay once again... BNIB never worn inc al stickers, tools, the entire lot. A trip to St Helens and im walking away with the biggest box in the history of watch boxes, bought May '13.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Today - i gave the nod to the Gemini 4 which commemorates the First Space Walk (Click Here For An Omega Extract) It was bought of Kringkily but i will not see it till june/july '13 as i am currently in the UK.

[​IMG]

Other watches have come and gone.... Daytona, Apollo 17 40th (hated the dial) PO Liquid Metal LE, First Omega In Space.... needless to say im always on the look out ;)

[​IMG]

They say good things come to those who wait...

:thumbsup:

khoalety, SpikiSpikester and Varasc like this.
  2. ulackfocus May 24, 2013

Nice bunch there! Like that blue dial on the Gemini. :thumbsup:

DLT222 likes this.
  3. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member May 24, 2013

thx for that!

yeah that's what I love about it too!!

4. kendrick May 24, 2013

Almost all of your pieces are on my short list::love::. Very nice.

DLT222 likes this.
  5. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member May 24, 2013

like ive said before we have very similar taste!!

6. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe May 24, 2013

As I said before........you have excellent taste sir.......:thumbsup: ::love::
    You mentioned 3 expensive hobbies: Cars, watches and women
    I've seen two......how about the other one ;)

7. kendrick May 24, 2013

ahhh the most expensive one. Although, as I get older I find it more difficult to collect them, Its hard enough keeping one around;)

8. pascs May 25, 2013

Nice collection :thumbsup:

9. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member May 25, 2013

;) I keep my collection strictly to one! Like all good women they are free to acquire but cost a bloody fortune to keep! Luckily mine is as good un!

kendrick likes this.
  10. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member May 25, 2013

thx v much!

11. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member May 25, 2013

thx! I will refrain from the 3rd. ;)

12. Varasc May 25, 2013

Incredible collection!

DLT222 likes this.
  13. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe May 25, 2013

There is recent scandal in Indonesia, where a corrupted guy affiliated with one party, has been traced to send money through bank account to 45 'dubious' girls/women in the past 2-3 years. That's not counting the cash ones.

14. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member May 25, 2013

Thx!