Forums Latest Members
  1. bubbaxb Aug 8, 2017

I had ordered my speedy pro from jomashop only to find out after the fact that it's backordered. The email they sent was thank you for your purchase we will email you when your item ships. I had to reach out to them to ask how long that would be and they replied maybe 8 weeks. I canceled my order and bought from chitown watch for a couple hundred bucks more, omega warranty and it arrived in 2 days. Still satisfied with my choice.

jayhawks likes this.
  2. dshoo Aug 8, 2017

Call me cynical, but I'd rather pay a little extra and buy a watch from a reputable source than buy from any "grey market" vendors. I completely understand the fact that $ is important, but is it worth it to: 1) feel ripped off or 2) get stuck with a meh watch (actually ripped off)?

Aronis and Meme-Dweller like this.
  3. hchj Aug 8, 2017

I read similar stories happened to others buying from grey dealers... watch boxes shipped separately so if the staff handling the final package is not very informed, mistake as such could happen.
    A fair resolution to me is a partial refund or send you the correct box within a timeframe both parties can accept. With joma shop extensive network, getting a correct omega box is a piece of cake.

WatchVaultNYC likes this.
  4. pascs Aug 9, 2017

Its nice to have the correct box but all of my Omega watch boxes just sit in the cupboard taking up space and doing nothing useful :D

I bought a Hamilton slim auto for my son from Jomashop last year and it arrived before they had actually sent the shipping notification email :confused:

5. BenBagbag Aug 9, 2017

We live in a very buyer-centric world right now. Give JS time. As others note, they are able to offer watches for significantly cheaper because they have ways of cutting expenses on other fronts. If they offered the level of service of an Omega Boutique you would be paying for it...

6. Pun Aug 9, 2017

Thanks you for an anticipated post.

pascs likes this.
  7. w.finkenstaedt Aug 9, 2017

Joma is pretty notorious for not wanting to do returns in my experience.

Nobel Prize likes this.
  8. zinzan8 Aug 9, 2017

Yeah, no, was asking OP.

9. OhMegaMan Aug 9, 2017

They probably file in the wrong TPS report, and therefore sent out incomplete set. Time for them to get outside consultants, preferably the Bobs, to get to the bottom of this.

10. ras47 Aug 9, 2017

No cover sheet. That's their problem! :)

AAAKK and OhMegaMan like this.
  11. Perseus Aug 9, 2017

I bit surprised by what constitutes a horror story these days.

Motik, C.Rock, drhex and 11 others like this.
  12. Shailor Aug 9, 2017

He didn't get a significant portion of what he bought and the satisfaction of getting what he's paid for has been compromised. The seller seems to have a pretty casual attitude about the whole thing.

Seanovice likes this.
  13. Meme-Dweller Aug 9, 2017

We've bought enough watches to make this seem casual but $3k is an absurd amount of money for most people for a watch. To not get exactly what was advertised on their website would, in my opinion, constitute a horror story. It would hurt his resale value by $600 immediately upon receipt because of the incorrect box.

Rodmar, bradhan, Syrte and 1 other person like this.
  14. Perseus Aug 9, 2017

Perhaps I misunderstood but aren't they looking for the correct box?

Motik, Syrte and WatchVaultNYC like this.
  15. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Aug 9, 2017

Calling it a horror story within a few hours of notifying them, when they said they would resolve it seems a bit drastic.

Things that might be considered a horror story.

1)waiting 2 weeks and they stopped answering emails.

2)receiving a fake and them calling you a liar

3)paying for a mint ed white, getting service hands, bezel and dial. The horror the horror!

Since the OP is in his own words wearing the watch, he better not return it. That's a horror story for Joma. They now have a used watch not a new watch to sell without a box.

Motik, citizenrich, drhex and 6 others like this.
  16. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 9, 2017

You believe them??
    I have dealt with with them. They will talk you to death and make up stories to stall you. They will demand 20% (not stated in policy) stocking fee's for returns not your fault. They are sarcastic and rude to talk to. In short their methods are to stall you and do nothing.
    If the OP gets his box he will be lucky.

17. Shailor Aug 9, 2017

From what we've been told, the seller just told him they would look for it. How did it get separated from the watch in the first place? I hope it works out for him, but the disappointment of opening the package and not getting what you bargained for, one spending that kind of money, is disappointing. Does it rise to the level of a horror story? To some it would.

bradhan and Pun like this.
  18. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Aug 9, 2017

Dial & Bezel, JohnSteed, LouS and 2 others like this.
  19. shutterlife Aug 9, 2017

Should have been boxed up and sent back for a refund immediately.

20. sevenhelmet Aug 9, 2017

I've bought two of my Omegas from JS, with no issues, although my Moonwatch arrived looking like it had been run over by the truck. Thankfully it was packaged very carefully and in the proper box. My Planet Ocean arrived in what appeared to be a Christmas gift box. It was white with a red ribbon built-on to the outside. Not the nice wooden box I'd seen in online reviews. Mildly disappointing, but considering I already have plenty of watch boxes and I saved a bundle over MSRP, I'm not concerned.

I'd wait a week or so and see how things pan out. Having the correct box for your moonwatch is important, since it's a special case. Did you at least get all the accessories (NATO and velcro straps, loupe, and hippocampus "coin") with your watch?

Motik likes this.