Forums Latest Members

Hopefully pet owners understand (Dedicated to pets) ??

1. Stufflers Mom Dec 18, 2019

The good news is the she is back home and making good progress, the local emergency vets have worked wonders giving her first class care, can't thank them enough.

2. wagudc Dec 18, 2019

Awww, the paw on the arm. Love that.

Duracuir1 likes this.
  3. Walrus Dec 18, 2019

Ya I had my glasses on at the time as well so I may be missing a lot of stuff, what you selling I’ll just send a blank check

McKinley and Duracuir1 like this.
  4. Walrus Dec 18, 2019

Great to hear it’s amazing what these vets can do

Stufflers Mom and Duracuir1 like this.
  5. Stufflers Mom Dec 18, 2019

Really sorry to hear about your cat, it's a tough time when you lose a friend.

Walrus, Duracuir1 and Bumper like this.
  6. McKinley Dec 18, 2019

Now that's funny!

Duracuir1 likes this.
  7. allwoundup Dec 19, 2019

Temporary houseguest.....this feral cat, who we have named Krazy Kat, has come to our front door semi-regularly the last couple of years to get fed along with our four outdoors cats. Each time it comes it hisses and spits at me. It swats at our cats if they get too close, and it has drawn blood from me on several occasions when I have placed a food bowl down in front of it.

Early this morning our next door neighbor rang the doorbell and told me one of our cats was on her lawn and could not move. It turned out to be Krazy Kat. KK had been favoring a hind leg the past few days....today it was dragging its hind legs when it tried to get away. It was well below freezing here this morning and KK was shaking. I went back to our house and got a towel, a large clear plastic storage box and a bowl of food. I returned to KK and put the food down in front of him, this time without making a blood donation. Then I sat down next to him while he devoured the food. Surprisingly, he let me pet him while he ate. Eventually, I was able to pick him up by the scruff of his neck and put him in the box along with the towel and food, and brought him inside our house. As I am headed to an out of town meeting this morning one of my sons will take KK to a local animal rescue group when they open at noon. Hopefully the poor little guy can be put right.

ADB42389-DD8D-4B17-B979-9696B3DA1EE7.jpeg
    Edward53, Faz, Walrus and 9 others like this.
  8. Bumper Dec 20, 2019

9. larryganz The cable guy Dec 20, 2019

Yeah, any KK updates?

10. allwoundup Dec 20, 2019

Krazy Kat remains a houseguest of the Allwoundup family. #2 son took KK to the local animal rescue group yesterday while I was out of town. The group refused to accept KK without him first being evaluated and "cleared" by the municipal Animal Control Department.....a one person department that didn't answer the phone. So, KK returned to Casa Allwoundup.

I have a concern that an evaluation by Animal Control might increase KK's chances of making a premature and unnecessary trip to the great here ever after. #2 son has reached out to a friend whose father is a vet to see if he will examine KK, and we are waiting to hear back. So, for the moment, Krazy Kat is out of the freezing weather and resting easy. KK has let both my son and me pet him without protest, so he is either not stressing or is just too tired to put up a fuss.

KK is actually the second stray to adopt the Allwoundup family. We brought three cats of our own when we moved into our current house five years ago. They are outdoor cats who have heated "cat houses" located on our covered front porch. Shortly after moving in to our house, an orange "tiger" adopted us. He was promptly dubbed "Garfield", and had obviously been someone's pet given his enjoyment being around people. He has his own heated cat house in a cellar under the house that has exterior door in which I installed a pet door.

KK started showing up semi-regularly on our front porch at feeding times about two years ago, and was unquestionably feral. My neighbor claims that KK lives under a shed on his property. Apparently, KK cohabitates with a ground hog who also lives under the shed....hey, live and let live, it's a very progressive neighborhood.

Our other cats give Krazy Kat a wide berth, as he will swat at them if they get too close. He hisses and makes guttural sounds at me at mealtimes, not unlike teenage sons, in my experience. Although Mrs. Allwoundup thinks me crazy, over the months I have been teaching Krazy Kat to "meow". I come out with food and he hisses and grunts. Withholding his food, I look him in the eyes, and in my softest grandmotherly voice say, "no, meoooow". Initially he would give me the same look my wife often shares with me. After awhile he began to attempt a "meow". It is a quavering sound, and he actually looks somewhat startled when he makes it, like, "that came out of me?"

Anyways, we hope to get him to a vet today, but he is resting easy at the moment, and doesn't appear to be stressing.

11. Dan S Dec 20, 2019

I wish you good luck with KK, but I'm a bit concerned that he may have a communicable disease, so hopefully he isn't coming into contact with your other cats. Sadly, feral cats are exposed to many serious diseases, and domestic cats are not routinely vaccinated against all of them.

12. allwoundup Dec 20, 2019

I share your concerns. As mentioned, our other cats give Krazy Kat wide berth, so they really don't have physical contact with him. I am also careful to give him his own feeding dish, which is cleaned regularly, as are the other cats' dishes. Once we can get KK to a vet we will have him vaccinated. Hopefully his experience with us will make him less skittish, and we might be able to get him to a vet on a regular schedule thereafter.

Faz and Walrus like this.
  13. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Dec 20, 2019

Primrose needs a bath!
    B5BB0A5F-A480-4CF3-AF8D-B9C55AEC3C61.jpeg

Alpha, X350 XJR, ebrohman and 4 others like this.
  14. The Father Went out for smokes in ‘78 not seen since Dec 20, 2019

Alpha and Tiny Iota like this.
  15. ebrohman Dec 20, 2019

Faz, jtrower1, Alpha and 5 others like this.
  16. Walrus Dec 20, 2019

That’s cool you are doing that. Sounds like he isn’t too far gone to come back and adopt a human. Once a cat is completely feral there is usually no bringing them back but KK is just swatting and warning which my spoiled housecats still do. I hope you are able work everything out and KK ends up in a decent place

allwoundup likes this.
  17. Stufflers Mom Dec 20, 2019

Fingers crossed for a good outcome.

Also it seems that you have stumbled across the outline of a very good children's book, The adventures of KK the Kat.

Walrus and allwoundup like this.
  18. allwoundup Dec 20, 2019

Thanks for the good wishes, the little guy needs them. He is listless....we are headed to the vet in a few minutes.

19. allwoundup Dec 20, 2019

Krazy Kat update....just back from the vet....diagnosis was a major blood clot cutting off blood flow to his hind quarters resulting in paralysis....the decision was made to put the little guy down....at least he didn’t die alone outside in freezing weather...he allowed himself to be petted and stroked, and did his best to meow, no hissing or spitting. We’ll miss the little guy.

larryganz, Faz and X350 XJR like this.
  20. Dan S Dec 20, 2019

I'm so sorry to hear this. It's good that you could ease his discomfort.

Hoyt and allwoundup like this.