Help with serial number - year confirmation - 1977

At this point you’re not happy with what the experts are telling you.

the only way to make you happy is to have an extract.

I’m sorry but at this point it’s the truth.

To the contrary. I greatly appreciate all of your guidance, and my last sentence above "...but I may do what was described earlier, and get as close as I can and enjoy it." is looking more and more likely. In the end, decades from now, my life will be no worse off if my watch was made in Dec 1977 or Jan 1978. I enjoy the hunt, but I am not willing to do it forever. Next, I'll search for a speedy for each of my kids - that should be easier. A sincere thank you to all who chimed in. I value all of you.
Edited:

I agree that in the long run, the condition/appearance of the watch will probably matter MUCH more than the delivery date. I have some watches from my birth-year, and they are not special to me because of that.

https://www.fratellowatches.com/omega-speedmaster-145022-76/

Here’s a link to RJ’s story re: his dead-stock 76ST. In it he mentions how the Omega archives indicate 1978 production of a 39.923.XXX serial while the data suggests it was actually produced in mid-1977. Further, the archives indicate the watch was delivered to Colombia instead of the shop in the USA where it sat for ~40 years since new. My takeaway was the he believes Omega’s record keeping during this particular era is not terribly accurate and that the information provided here is more helpful than an Extract.

What is the thought on the bezel? Some of the numbers are right at the edge and even slightly off of it. Is this just a replacement bezel, or something else? The thing I am concerned about is that at 10 and 11, the outside of the numbers are at the edge and at 4 and 5 o'clock, the inside of the numbers are. Just a bit strange to me.1.jpg 2.jpg

I thought you were looking at DNN bezels?

it’s common, and not replacement.

The numbers being at the edge is common on DNN? That is good to hear..... So many things to learn about these pieces.

The numbers being at the edge is common on DNN? That is good to hear..... So many things to learn about these pieces.
Go look at a few.

All, thanks for the help and guidance. That, coupled with the old posts on this forum, are a great resource. I'm the happy owner of a vintage speedy.

All, thanks for the help and guidance. That, coupled with the old posts on this forum, are a great resource. I'm the happy owner of a vintage speedy.
Pics!!! and congrats!

Soooooo beautiful ::love::. I personally love the green lume. Case looks sharp as well !
Big congrats on this one :thumbsup: